Oregon loses two players to failed drug test - both suspended against Ohio State

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Re: Oregon WR Carrington fails drug test. Suspended against Ohio State

Oh, it'll make a difference. I'm not so sure Oregon would win anyway.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I thought it was legal to smoke pot in Oregon.

Yes, I understand there are still national rules or NCAA rules that prohibit it's use, but what about States Rights? The people of Oregon have spoken. :)

For conversation's sake...would a football player living near Las Vegas get in trouble for hiring a perfectly legal hooker? Doing so would be illegal anywhere else.

Last edited:

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

I thought it was legal to smoke pot in Oregon.

Yes, I understand there are still national rules or NCAA rules that prohibit it's use, but what about States Rights? The people of Oregon have spoken. :)

For conversation's sake...would a football player living near Las Vegas get in trouble for hiring a perfectly legal hooker? Doing so would be illegal anywhere else.
Beginning July 1, 2015, legal to smoke for anyone 21 and older. It's not yet legal, and Carrington is 19. Even if it were legal, that doesn't make it permissible by the Ducks program. There are plenty of things that are legal but against a particular team's rules.

As for your hypothetical, prostitution is illegal in Clark county (Las Vegas), and I'm not sure what the legal age is for solicitation in counties where prostitution is legal. But even if it were entirely legal, that doesn't mean any particular team would be obligated to permit it. Team rules still apply.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Personally, I think it's ridiculous. MJ should be legal everywhere for anyone ... like alcohol (which is a much more dangerous drug). However, the teams have rules, the NCAA has rules, etc. and I think someone pointed out there is an age limit as well. Those must be respected and adhered to. Wait til your playing days are over and/or until you have a job at a place that doesn't care, then have at it. It doesn't speak very well for your sense of being dependable by your team when you do this so close to playing for a NC.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Yep, that`s one to tell your grandkids, " Had a chance to play for a national championship in college, but.......". Like they say, "Youth is wasted on the young." No truer words were ever spoken, IMHO.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Those losses will swing the game OSU's way. It will at least make it a tighter game, not that I really care since we aren't there.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: Oregon loses two players to failed drug test. - both suspended against Ohio State

Were the same tests administered at tOSU?
Yes and they showed Urban Meyer's cardiac enzymes were critical high

FTR - that would be a blood test, I'm assuming this was a drug urinalysis

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
Re: Oregon loses two players to failed drug test. - both suspended against Ohio State

I bet Cooach Urban Meyer isn't administering drug tests this week. Seriously, I wonder if the round of testing was mandated by some playoff rule for the team, if it was a random test, or if the coach just decided it would be a good time. Usually, testing programs rely on either scheduled, random or are given "for cause". This seems like an odd time for a scheduled test, could be "for cause". In any case, the player should really have been able to comtrol himself in this critical situation. Cannot be worth it. Too bad for the team, he really let his teammates down. As far as legality, any company, school or organization can implement their own rules beyond the state rules,mespecially since its not a federal rule.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.