Oregon loses two players to failed drug test - both suspended against Ohio State

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Re: Oregon loses two players to failed drug test. - both suspended against Ohio State

ESPN radio said they were random. If they are NCAA random tests they will be gone for a year (assuming they are not seniors)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Oregon WR Carrington fails drug test. Suspended against Ohio State

I just wish the US would just go ahead & legalize pot nationwide..Andallow folks to smoke it if they want to, I'm not going to lie, I smoked pot before my heart went bad & actually like it..But.. It's been almost 10yrs or so since the last time I smoked it..I honestly think I know more folks that smokes pot, as compared to those who doesn't smoke pot..

I hate seeing folks get arrested or a record for something that in all honesty should be legalized nationwide & it would help free up overcrowding in jails all across the US..Just legalize it & tax it to help the US economy..It's already the #1 "Cash Crop" in the US..Might as well go ahead & tax it to give the economy the "Boom" it needs..Folks will keep smoking it no matter how many arrests they make or lives they ruin by arresting otherwise law abiding hard working Americans..I had rather be around folks smoking pot, as compared, to folks that's drinking alcohol..Alcohol makes folks mean & wanna fight, while folks smoking pot, are laid back & couldn't give a rats backside at what's happening in the world at that moment in time..LOL

Last edited:

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

I just wish the US would just go ahead & legalize pot nationwide..Andallow folks to smoke it if they want to, I'm not going to lie, I smoked pot before my heart went bad & actually like it..But.. It's been almost 10yrs or so since the last time I smoked it..I honestly think I know more folks that smokes pot, as compared to those who doesn't smoke pot..

I hate seeing folks get arrested or a record for something that in all honesty should be legalized nationwide & it would help free up overcrowding in jails all across the US..Just legalize it & tax it to help the US economy..It's already the #1 "Cash Crop" in the US..Might as well go ahead & tax it to give the economy the "Boom" it needs..Folks will keep smoking it no matter how many arrests they make or lives they ruin by arresting otherwise law abiding hard working Americans..I had rather be around folks smoking pot, as compared, to folks that's drinking alcohol..Alcohol makes folks mean & wanna fight, while folks smoking pot, are laid back & couldn't give a rats backside at what's happening in the world at that moment in time..LOL
Legalizing it would do nothing for football players. The army still tests the soldiers on Carson for pot even though its "legal". I think a court would agree with the NCAA much like the Army.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I agree 100% with ya & should have been more clear..I'm just talking about ordinary folks that works hard, stays out of trouble, but, gets arrested or fined for smoking pot to relax..Instead of throwing down a beer or two..
Legalizing it would do nothing for football players. The army still tests the soldiers on Carson for pot even though its "legal". I think a court would agree with the NCAA much like the Army.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

I agree 100% with ya & should have been more clear..I'm just talking about ordinary folks that works hard, stays out of trouble, but, gets arrested or fined for smoking pot to relax..Instead of throwing down a beer or two..
Someone at work today pointed out that you may hear about someone drinking too much and committing a violent crime, but you never hear about someone smoking too much pot and comitting a violent crime. I tried to argue but had nothing. I think we may be onto something, but think that football playets know wutsup when tjey join.

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL

Uh oh! Now that two are out Oregon will probably have to change their gameplan. Since they may not have the advantage on offense, they might need to hurry up to the line of scrimmage and snap the ball before the Buckeyes can get set or their defensive coordinator doesn't have time to call in a play of his own.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Yup..I agree 100% with ya Bro..It's different for college football players, cause they have NCAA rules & school rules they must abide by, whether or not pot is legal in the State they play in & same goes for anyone with jobs that company rules bans folks from smoking pot while employed at their workplace..Those players or workers either has to abide by those rules or take their life in another direction or situation that smoking pot doesn't interfere in their life choices..

Personally..I have no problem with folks smoking pot, cause it chills folks out, and makes them calm down, relax, and usually laugh at the silest stuff..Then when folks drink alcohol or too much at one time, it changes their personality for the worse, they become abusive or mean to the ones they love the most..I can't believe I'm telling y'all this, but, I trust & love all my TideFans friends like my 2nd family..Growing up in my childhood, my dad was an alcoholic & would be the meanest SOB on the planet, cussing & hitting my Mom..Until I finally got old & big enough to fight back protecting my Mom..

That's why I never have drank beer or liquor very much at all, I can just smell beer, and it brings back all those bad childhood memories, of my dad in my face wanting to fight & I could smell the beer on his breathe..It's literally getting my BP up now just thinking about it..Long story short..I would much rather be around folks that smokes pot, than folks drinking beer or liquor, and is why I beg my Baby Girls to never ever date boys that likes to drink beer, cause it can become a deadly habit to be in a relationship with folks that drinks to much beer or liquor..If a guy got drunk & hit or abuse either of my Baby girls..The Calhoun county Sheriff Department might as well have me a jail cell ready..Cause i will defend my Baby girls at all cost & will pay the ultimate price for the well being on my daughters..

Someone at work today pointed out that you may hear about someone drinking too much and committing a violent crime, but you never hear about someone smoking too much pot and comitting a violent crime. I tried to argue but had nothing. I think we may be onto something, but think that football playets know wutsup when tjey join.

Last edited:

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed

This has me shaking my head. Carrington played a great game in the Rose Bowl. I guess it's next man up. Some other guy will be ready, waiting, eager and hungry for the spot and the chance to make a name for himself. On I side note, I've heard rumors that the tOSU guys are catching the flu. Maybe it's because of all that extra practice time they're getting in. Not that I'd wish that upon their players, but it sounds like everything will even itself out in the end.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

This has me shaking my head. Carrington played a great game in the Rose Bowl. I guess it's next man up. Some other guy will be ready, waiting, eager and hungry for the spot and the chance to make a name for himself. On I side note, I've heard rumors that the tOSU guys are catching the flu. Maybe it's because of all that extra practice time they're getting in. Not that I'd wish that upon their players, but it sounds like everything will even itself out in the end.
There are always rumors of flu, it seems. The same thing was rumored about our players before the Sugar Bowl...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

There are always rumors of flu, it seems. The same thing was rumored about our players before the Sugar Bowl...
I have heard that here in town from several folks some who I believe would know. If true it would pretty easy for tOSU players to get it.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA

The only violence that occurs in regard to pot are when someone tries to steal a large quantity of it from another person.
Why is it so valuable?
Because it's illegal

On topic... this level of decision making does not surprise me. I teach seventh grade, and I can assure you it's only going to get worse.

With the advantage in practice time and these suspensions, I'm beginning to think that Ohio State might just have a shot here.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

If only we could have a thread like this where personal opinions of legality weren't brought up. The laws are what they are and NCAA rules are what they are. Maybe the young man learns from this and is a better person and teammate for it.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

call me jaded -- but football season is over, isn't it? ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.