Muslim Outrage Over Paris Shooting

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Nice start and nice symbolism. but talk is cheap. Especially post-facto talk.
The real test is when a radical imam gets thrown out of the pulpit for preaching violence against non-muslims or those who draw freaking cartoons, and when the leadership of a mosque calls the cops and warns them that a member of their congregation is talking like he is about to go on a shooting or bombing rampage, before he actually does it.
That would be nice.
That would be the real proof of sincerity.
I looked up how frequently muslim imams substantively police their own ranks. The answer is not many, and those that do tend to end up dead.

15 May 2014, a moderate Benghazi cleric is among three people gunned down by religious extremists.

On 17 Jun 2014, a moderate imam in Oslo, Norway was stabbed by a member of his mosque after denouncing radicals.

"Rasul Gamzatov participated in a conference in Vladikavkaz on the interaction of religious, social and governmental agencies in the prevention of extremism and radicalism. There he made a report on the causes of radicalization and ways to prevent it." In August 2014, in Vladikavkaz, Gamzatov the moderate imam is shot seven times by suspected Islamic radicals.

4 Nov 2014, radicals gun down a moderate Mombasa cleric on his way home from mosque.

A moderate cleric is gunned down in Herat, Afghanistan on 13 Nov 2014.

9 Dec 2014, Selvedin Beganovic, an imam in Trnovi, Bosnia, condemned ISIS recruiting in the muslim-majority country and was stabbed by an unknown assailant,

Moderate Islamic cleric shot dead by muslim extremists in Mayuge, Uganda, 23 Dec 2014

British Muslim Mother, called the police to report that her son had gone to Syria to "fight the enemies of Allah," When they arrested him, she told reporters, "The Police Betrayed Me."

The bottom line is that merely condemning indiscriminate violence against non-muslims is not likely to have any substantive effect and when it does, the person speaking out will be attacked maybe killed by other muslims.
Not a good omen for the future of peaceful relations between muslims and non-muslims.

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
You know that's a rhetorical request. From what you've said before about their deep-seated feelings of cultural inferiority, it's just not going to happen - just as very many American black folk will not denounce black leaders with whom they disagree profoundly. After all, he's one of theirs. Among southerners, during George Wallace's heyday, even in Alabama he might have had the agreement of maybe 60% of the (white) people, probably not that high. It's remarkable that only a mere handful could be be found to denounce him. I feel that this is a straw man - "If they don't behave precisely as I decide they should behave, then that means they agree with murder." It's been repeated enough that a lot of people buy it. Doesn't make it true...
I was talking with my grandfather over Christmas-he attended the university in the mid-50s. Somehow the subject got around to pre-civil rights Alabama and George Wallace. He told me "George Wallace won in a landslide, but I could never find anyone who actually voted for him".

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I came across an interesting take this morning on the Muslim condemnation of the attacks.
Is it possible this is just Muslims practicing taqiyaya? The Quran excuses and encourages lying if it furthers the cause of Islam. It is believed to be the way of war and conquering by Islam. We used to call it propaganda. Our own politicians have come to believe it is necessary to lie to us for our own good. What a world we live in where truth is no longer valued and everything must be questioned.
I don't buy it. Much like 9-11 being and inside job, that would just take waaay too much coordination and secrecy to ever be remotely possible. In this case with literally millions of people. Not even the Catholic Church is that coordinated.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was talking with my grandfather over Christmas-he attended the university in the mid-50s. Somehow the subject got around to pre-civil rights Alabama and George Wallace. He told me "George Wallace won in a landslide, but I could never find anyone who actually voted for him".
As usual, the truth is more complicated. He lost the primary in 1958. In '62, he won 35% in the primary, but then had a runoff against Ryan DeGraffenreid. Wallace won 55%, hardly a landslide, running against a moderate candidate. Also remember that the electorate consisted mostly of well-off white folk, practically no black folk and practically no poor whites. He won the general election with 90%, against write-ins, since there was no Republican candidate. So, the "landslide" is really mostly a remodeling of actual history. But, yeah, no one wanted to admit having voted for him. In '64, people in Alabama had about had it with him and his national campaigns and absence from the state house. DeGraffenreid was holding a 2-1 lead in the primary polls when he died in an untimely plane crash. That was a personal loss for me, since Ryan was a friend and had actually done legal work for me. Of course, after the assassination attempt, Wallace became a changed man, particularly with respect to race relations...

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I am really ignorant of what they teach. I need to educate myself on what the Koran contains. I hesitate to judge based on rumors. That being said all the rumors about Baptists and casseroles are TRUE!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.