Eddie Lacy rumbles for 100 yards for the first time in NFL playoff game

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Who was the last 'Bama back to hit 100 yards in the postseason? Shaun Alexander? Packers win way to NFC championship game, vs. Seahawks, so more Lacy to come, and here's a prediction that there's more of him in GB's passing game next week.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Eddie Lacy rumbles for 100 yards in first NFL playoff game

Probably Shaun I'd imagine.

Eddie was a beast today for sure. Having to tackle something that big in the cold had to be rough today.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

They really seem to be underutilizing him considering their QB's injuries

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

They have to kinda keep Eddie on a pitch count in the extreme cold weather games because of his asthma.
In the post game show they said that he was pulled after the first drive because it was acting up.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Looks like the Packers season will be coming to an end next Sunday, but I will be rooting for Eddie and the Pack.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN

They have to kinda keep Eddie on a pitch count in the extreme cold weather games because of his asthma.
Simply breathing the dry cold air can trigger an asthma attack. It happened to me and my son one year in Atlanta just walking one block. It has to be especially hard on Eddie trying to run in it.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Simply breathing the dry cold air can trigger an asthma attack. It happened to me and my son one year in Atlanta just walking one block. It has to be especially hard on Eddie trying to run in it.
it happens to me all the time. asthma is awful. can't imagine having to deal with it in Green Bay Wisconsin

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

It was awesome to see Eddie wrecking balling against Dallas!

The rookie Davante Adams at WR played super as well and will complement Eddie's rushing very nicely.

Both were very impressive today as was Aaron Rodgers.

Looking forward to the next game. :)

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

This wasn't Eddie's first playoff game. Green Bay was in the playoffs last season. They lost at home to SF 23-20. Eddie ran for 81 yds on 21 carries...

But carry on

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Yeah, and a lot of the stronger asthma drugs are likely considered PEDs.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

steroids and amphetamines
The amphetamines belong to a class called "beta agonists," like albuterol. They all have the side effect of diverting the body's resources to building muscle, hence they are banned substances. Most of the beef, pork and turkey in this country is fed a beta agonist called ractopamine. It's classified as a hazardous substance by the FDA, particularly for folks with heart disease. The workers who feed it to the animals the last 30 days of their lives have to wear respirators and hazmat suits. It's banned everywhere in the world except for the US, Australia and Canada. It's claimed by the FDA that there's no residue in the muscle flesh. Problem is that other countries kept finding it and rejecting American beef and pork. So, the Chinese bought Smithfield. They've set up a dual distribution system. The hog farms which are to be ractopamine free will produce pork only for China. The remainder will continue to supply pork to the American public laced with the stuff. The best easy answer is to patronize Publix. Their letter to me states neither the pork nor the "Greenwise" beef they sell has it. Grass-fed been obviously doesn't have it, since the animals fed it have to be confined, being very ill. Many of them have to be dragged to slaughter, being no longer able to stand. The "Greenwise" beef is still corn-finished the last 30 days of the animals' lives, since they would die, if fed that diet longer. It's fatter and has a different taste than grass-fed, but it's healthier than the other beef, IMO. OK, rant over... :D

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Albuterol is an emergency inhaler and not for everyday use. It is taken as needed. I hate the side effects and cannot imagine anyone voluntarily taking it no matter what muscles it adds.

I have had people offer me money for my albuterol (in college). I always refused because I might need it and my morals would not allow me to do it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Albuterol is an emergency inhaler and not for everyday use. It is taken as needed. I hate the side effects and cannot imagine anyone voluntarily taking it no matter what muscles it adds.

I have had people offer me money for my albuterol (in college). I always refused because I might need it and my morals would not allow me to do it.
Albuterol is normally taken in injectable form by body builders. I'm forced to take Prednisone (cortisone) for several conditions, from time to time. Like you, I can't imagine anyone taking it voluntarily, but some folk do, even buying it off the street...

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

I call it the "breakfast of champions," since "as needed" for me has connotations of continuing to breathe in the face of EIA (exercise-induced asthma). I was playing organized (and disorganized) football into my '30s too but would be hard-pressed to divulge any enhancements albuterol provided for my game. But if the bottom line is it enables you to keep breathing over any potential side effects, you betcha, I'm taking a daily blast or two at when the urge strikes. Also, I go to the gym 5-6 times a week which is far preferable to only my derriere getting a workout whilst I stay sedentary in the La-Z-Boy (even with an inhaler at my side there too).

Latterly, apologies to Mack on the misinformation - I started this thread and botched the header; was supposed to read "Eddie Lacy rumbles for first 100-yard NFL playoff game."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.