Eddie Lacy rumbles for 100 yards for the first time in NFL playoff game

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Re: Eddie Lacy rumbles for 100 yards in first NFL playoff game

Another thing is, dunno Eddie Lacy's asthma history, but it never struck me 'til I moved to a far more northerly clime. Remember it like yesterday - my first asthma attack - went out for a run one night in Cambridge and...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

The amphetamines belong to a class called "beta agonists," like albuterol. They all have the side effect of diverting the body's resources to building muscle, hence they are banned substances. Most of the beef, pork and turkey in this country is fed a beta agonist called ractopamine. It's classified as a hazardous substance by the FDA, particularly for folks with heart disease. The workers who feed it to the animals the last 30 days of their lives have to wear respirators and hazmat suits. It's banned everywhere in the world except for the US, Australia and Canada. It's claimed by the FDA that there's no residue in the muscle flesh. Problem is that other countries kept finding it and rejecting American beef and pork. So, the Chinese bought Smithfield. They've set up a dual distribution system. The hog farms which are to be ractopamine free will produce pork only for China. The remainder will continue to supply pork to the American public laced with the stuff. The best easy answer is to patronize Publix. Their letter to me states neither the pork nor the "Greenwise" beef they sell has it. Grass-fed been obviously doesn't have it, since the animals fed it have to be confined, being very ill. Many of them have to be dragged to slaughter, being no longer able to stand. The "Greenwise" beef is still corn-finished the last 30 days of the animals' lives, since they would die, if fed that diet longer. It's fatter and has a different taste than grass-fed, but it's healthier than the other beef, IMO. OK, rant over... :D
Earle, are you a physician?

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

Earle, are you a physician?
Nope, he's a lawyer. :)

However, that type of information isn't hard to come by - not to take anything away from Earle's statement. When it comes to food, the FDA is a joke. There's a stark contrast between the way the FDA handles the "approval" process of food products versus pharmaceuticals. For a pharmaceutical product, the FDA's basic stance is that it is assumed to be harmful until you prove that it is safe (or at least "safe enough"); for food products, the FDA's basic stance is that it is assumed to be safe until someone proves that it is harmful.

There's a reason why U.S. companies have to have different versions of food products than the ones they sell in the U.S. if they want to sell them overseas as well as why most raw meat from the U.S. can't be sold overseas - and it's the same reason why cancer rates in the U.S. are exponentially higher than most other countries and are the highest in the world.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Nope, he's a lawyer. :)

However, that type of information isn't hard to come by - not to take anything away from Earle's statement. When it comes to food, the FDA is a joke. There's a stark contrast between the way the FDA handles the "approval" process of food products versus pharmaceuticals. For a pharmaceutical product, the FDA's basic stance is that it is assumed to be harmful until you prove that it is safe (or at least "safe enough"); for food products, the FDA's basic stance is that it is assumed to be safe until someone proves that it is harmful.

There's a reason why U.S. companies have to have different versions of food products than the ones they sell in the U.S. if they want to sell them overseas as well as why most raw meat from the U.S. can't be sold overseas - and it's the same reason why cancer rates in the U.S. are exponentially higher than most other countries and are the highest in the world.
Thank you sir.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Eddie played a very good game for my Pack. He needs to step-up big time going into Seattle. With Seattle's defense he is going to have take some of the pressure off Aaron. I don't feel good about winning at Seattle but you never know.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

The amphetamines belong to a class called "beta agonists," like albuterol. They all have the side effect of diverting the body's resources to building muscle, hence they are banned substances. Most of the beef, pork and turkey in this country is fed a beta agonist called ractopamine. It's classified as a hazardous substance by the FDA, particularly for folks with heart disease. The workers who feed it to the animals the last 30 days of their lives have to wear respirators and hazmat suits. It's banned everywhere in the world except for the US, Australia and Canada. It's claimed by the FDA that there's no residue in the muscle flesh. Problem is that other countries kept finding it and rejecting American beef and pork. So, the Chinese bought Smithfield. They've set up a dual distribution system. The hog farms which are to be ractopamine free will produce pork only for China. The remainder will continue to supply pork to the American public laced with the stuff. The best easy answer is to patronize Publix. Their letter to me states neither the pork nor the "Greenwise" beef they sell has it. Grass-fed been obviously doesn't have it, since the animals fed it have to be confined, being very ill. Many of them have to be dragged to slaughter, being no longer able to stand. The "Greenwise" beef is still corn-finished the last 30 days of the animals' lives, since they would die, if fed that diet longer. It's fatter and has a different taste than grass-fed, but it's healthier than the other beef, IMO. OK, rant over... :D
Earle, since this thead has drifted from grain-fed beef to inhaler-fed (or not) RBs, gotta tell you that there's a better way than Publix around this albuterol/steroid conundrum. That would be free-range venison, "the other light (and untainted) meat," a/k/a roadkill deer. Remember plenty of 'em from the Arsenal's environs and "perimeter" back in the day - surely they're still roaming around off-base looking for euthanasia by bumper, and the opportunity to become a productive part of a man's (or woman's) healthy diet. (Temple Grandin would approve this message.)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Eddie played a very good game for my Pack. He needs to step-up big time going into Seattle. With Seattle's defense he is going to have take some of the pressure off Aaron. I don't feel good about winning at Seattle but you never know.
J, this from a fellow Pack fan, it could very well be a very long day. Looked at objectively, it`s hard to figure out how the Pack can win, particularly in Seattle and especially with a gimpy AR.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

J, this from a fellow Pack fan, it could very well be a very long day. Looked at objectively, it`s hard to figure out how the Pack can win, particularly in Seattle and especially with a gimpy AR.
Not necessarily - not even so "objectively." They're underdogs, true. But GB's also got the Great White Hoax Hawk now out of the lineup (thank heavens) and moved Clay Matthews into a freelancing (read menacing) position. And HaHa now has a season under his belt for run support - and deep ball coverage. You may have noticed that the last catch/non-catch by Dez Bryant was the Cowboys' only "successful" deep ball of the game - that was by design, and designed around HaHa. And not only was Rodgers said to be better physically today with his calf than at the same stage a week ago, Eddie Lacy's got this "thing" about championship games. On top of that, the Packers are still playing - yes, whether they admit it or not - for revenge of the Fail, Mary game against Seattle two years ago. So there's plenty of ways for "how the Pack can win." Teams a lot more mediocre than Green Bay had their way with them during the regular season, Packers just need to play a decent game on defense, and get "the usual" from their offense, and voila!, Super Bowl-bound again for the team from Titletown.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

It could be flyer but if Aaron gets hot he can slice up the 85 Bears defense or should I say the 2011 Bama defense :). We have to get some stops on defense and that is what really has me concerned. Go Pack!

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Lacy has 100+ yards from scrimmage in 10 straight games. Franchise record..
Yeah, hes been a VERY GOOD receiving threat for the Packers on check downs. Which is surprising to me. He looks natural and comfortable catching the ball out of the backfield.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
That is all great as long as you win. I don't like the Packers chances but I am pulling for them.
Well it's worked because they are in the NFC championship game. One game away from the super bowl. Wouldn't that be defined as winning?

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Well it's worked because they are in the NFC championship game. One game away from the super bowl. Wouldn't that be defined as winning?
Sorry you took it wrong. I am glad EL is doing good but I have never been about individual things. It is a team sport after all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.