LSU in Contact with Alabama DC Kirby Smart (Update - Kevin Steele is new LSU DC)

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Re: LSU has been in Contact with Alabama DC Kirby Smart, Bears DC Mel Tucker About Jo

If Smart really wants to be a HC, he really should go the Coach Mac route and coach at a smaller school out of conference before he comes back to the SEC. I think it is too big of a leap to go from coordinator to leading a SEC contender. IMO Coach Mac did it right. I'm sure someone will dig this up 2 or 3 yrs from now, but I think he will be the most successful as a head coach of all the Saban assistants.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: LSU has been in Contact with Alabama DC Kirby Smart, Bears DC Mel Tucker About Jo

The person who needs to step back from our defense, and let the coordinator "coordinate", is Coach Saban.
He needs to take the brim off, leave the secondary in the hands of the secondary coaches, and focus on being the head coach.
What is happening in every video you've ever seen, of Coach Saban, on ESPN?
He's strutting around, screaming at DB's, and shouting out coverages that a nuclear scientist couldn't understand.
Where has our unGodly weakness been? The secondary!
We can't cover anybody on third and thirty.
Coach needs to figure out whether he wants to be a DC or a HC.
It's not Kirby's fault, but he's a mighty convenient scapegoat.
sip

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'm sorry Brah, but I disagree with you..> He has a track record with developing his CBs....
The person who needs to step back from our defense, and let the coordinator "coordinate", is Coach Saban.
He needs to take the brim off, leave the secondary in the hands of the secondary coaches, and focus on being the head coach.
What is happening in every video you've ever seen, of Coach Saban, on ESPN?
He's strutting around, screaming at DB's, and shouting out coverages that a nuclear scientist couldn't understand.
Where has our unGodly weakness been? The secondary!
We can't cover anybody on third and thirty.
Coach needs to figure out whether he wants to be a DC or a HC.
It's not Kirby's fault, but he's a mighty convenient scapegoat.
sip

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois

I hope they hire Mel Tucker!!!! Being a life long BEARS fan, and this year being the worst year, defensively, that the Bears have ever had.... I would love to see LSwho get him! Maybe the Bears can get Lovie back!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

I hope Kirby Smart takes it. If we had converted some 3rd downs, we would be playing tonight vs the duckies.
FIFY. Including the typos. (Oy vey...........the typos.................)

You're welcome.

ragincajunkarl

May 24, 2013
Lafayette, LA

our defense has gotten worse each year since 2011
The talent on that 2011 defense was the best in at least a decade in CFB. LSU's that year was close but not as good as the Bama D-line. Bama has always been near tops in the SEC in total defense, but it's unreasonable to expect 8.3 PPG allowed every season.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Unless we have bill Clark on speed dial, then Kirby will be back

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Whats with "Bill Clark" comments? Dude is good, but we don't know how good he will be with the talents thrown at him at Bama... Just because a person has successful career doesnt mean they will be sucessful at Bama :) LSU board keeps saying its 90 percent done... *side eye*
Unless we have bill Clark on speed dial, then Kirby will be back

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Wish they would wrap this up one way or the other. It can't be helping with recruiting.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Whats with "Bill Clark" comments? Dude is good, but we don't know how good he will be with the talents thrown at him at Bama... Just because a person has successful career doesnt mean they will be sucessful at Bama :)

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

If Coach Smart were at LSU as DC and came to Bama in the same capacity then it would be considered a move up. Going to LSU from Bama would be considered a step down.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

I think that Les' problems stem more from the number of juniors that have left and the lack of qb development than anything else. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them rebound next year.
A lot of truth to this they lost a ton of underclassmen the last two years. Probably the most in the country. Most if not all made NFL rosters. That's a lot of talent to lose.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'm saying, Look at Nuss.. he has been successful elsewhere, and then he came to Bama.. He did decent job, but we were frustrated with his playcalling at times. I just don't think Bill Clark is really ready to work in SEC just yet..... He's real good, but Can he suceed in SEC?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.