LSU in Contact with Alabama DC Kirby Smart (Update - Kevin Steele is new LSU DC)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: LSU has been in Contact with Alabama DC Kirby Smart, Bears DC Mel Tucker About Jo

I think This will be an interesting
They're some of you on here that have shown some pretty good inside knowledge on things like this. I have none, but it seems to me that if this is serious or happens, Kirby would have gotten Coach's blessing and it might be a mutual agreement that the time has come for him to move on. I don't mean that in a negative way at all... sometimes changing the old guard ain't a bad thing.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Re: LSU has been in Contact with Alabama DC Kirby Smart, Bears DC Mel Tucker About Jo

I'd be very surprised if Smart goes to LSU. If he does then my opinion would be (unless some facts leak out) that CNS had decided it was time for a change and both agreed that this would be the best move to make without it turning ugly. It just makes zero sense for him to make this type move unless something behind the scenes like a "change" was going on.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL

Honestly, so what if he goes? The defense has been stale for 2 years. We need changes.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Could this HURT recruiting at Bama? Is there anyone that Smart is recruiting that would end up Geauxing to Red Stick?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Honestly I'd rather lose Steele than I would Kirby. Steele should be able to recruit for them though and that might hurt us some in Louisiana.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

90%+ on TigerDroppings do NOT like this hire at all!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

The LSU board is hilarious - not big fans of this hire...

In presidential terms, LSU just aimed for Andrew Jackson and got James Polk
In case you needed any background information, Kevin Steele was fired from his last DC job for giving up 70 points to West Virginia
The only positive thing I can say is that some coaching hires that appear to be HR's are in fact whiffs. This appears to be a whiff; no, this is standing in the batter's box and watching three straight strikes go by. We didn't even swing.
A guy Saban fired as DC. Went to Clemson, got fired from there. Then Bama hired him to an administration position and became LBers coach because they needed 1.
Im not taking shots at CKS, but the meltdown that's happening over there is simply awesome...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
They thought they were taking Kirby and got Kevin Steele. That's hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

The LSU board is hilarious - not big fans of this hire...

Im not taking shots at CKS, but the meltdown that's happening over there is simply awesome...
Hey hey hey. James Polk was a decent president.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Is LSU in a money saving mode? Has Les Miles' budget been CUT?

I'll really be surprised if they pay him $1 million+.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Wonder where we'll go to replace Steele? Wish we could get Coach O but I'd prefer him at DL than LB.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This LSU meltdown is hilarious. Their fans aren't happy, which only adds to their frustration with Miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.