Game Thread: Oregon v.s. Ohio State for the Title

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
People called Saban classless for scoring one more TD against Texas.

I really don't have a problem with that last TD. Oregon likes to play football like a 12yr old on a videogame, they can lose like a 12yr old on a videogame. Wouldn't have cared if OSU had gone for 2.
And for the late TD pass against AU in the '08 Iron Bowl. I seriously have no problem with it. Oregon does it all the time, so what's good for the goose, is good for the duck!

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
Quick non-sequitur...

What's the situation with Cardale Jones's eligibility? It looks like he was recruited from prep school in 2012. They were calling him a Freshman, but I wonder how many more years he's got in him. The kid's a beast to try to tackle for sure.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Quick non-sequitur...

What's the situation with Cardale Jones's eligibility? It looks like he was recruited from prep school in 2012. They were calling him a Freshman, but I wonder how many more years he's got in him. The kid's a beast to try to tackle for sure.
Who was calling him a freshman? I thought he was a redshirt sophomore.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I kinda like your post but still wouldn't want my team going for it. I don't recall the exact situation against UT but I think there was much more than 30 seconds left on second down.
Under a minute, up two scores, 2nd down, from the 2yd line.

Last edited:

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Couple of things that stood out to me-
OSU has as much talent as Bama or anybody else.
Their defense has very good dline play, speed, and tackled very well.
Their Offense is somewhat predictable, but if you can't stop it, it doesn't matter.
It still doesn't take flash and trickery to win a championship.
CUM still sucks.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Yikes. Was UT calling timeouts or could Bama have run the clock out? (I don't know if I'll like the answers...).
UT wasn't calling timeouts and only had 1 timeout remaining. I'm not sure we could have ran the clock completely out, but Texas would have had to use the last timeout and there would have only been a few seconds left and about 99yds for them to go to score once.

Last edited:

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Couple of things that stood out to me-
OSU has as much talent as Bama or anybody else.
Their defense has very good dline play, speed, and tackled very well.
Their Offense is somewhat predictable, but if you can't stop it, it doesn't matter.
It still doesn't take flash and trickery to win a championship.
CUM still sucks.
Disagree with the bolded. The Meyer scheme does a lot to elevate them beyond their talent level. Can't stand the guy, but he's very good.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
UT wasn't calling timeouts and only had 1 timeout remaining. I'm not sure we could have ran the clock completely out, but Texas would have had to use the last timeout and there would have only been a few seconds left and about 99yds for them to go to score once.
Thanks for the video. I think Coach Saban should have called victory formation; I'm pretty sure they could have run the clock out without UT calling a timeout. I remember that's what I was thinking at the time ... I'm sure I was.:D

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
So glad we have a Big 10 team to start the year next year. Will be counting the days until we get to stomp their tails. Then, hopefully we'll end the year by doing it to another Big 10 team and make Urban have another heart attack. We've done it before.....we can do it again.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I think it is ironic that the Big 10 hates the SEC so much that they go and hire them an SEC coach who recruits SEC players in SEC states. I guess the largest form of flattery is imitation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.