Game Thread: Oregon v.s. Ohio State for the Title

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
It is a bit pleasing to see that Oregon's flash and dash has been put to rest. OSU had 4 turnovers and the ducks couldn't capitalize. Geez.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
So you think Saban would have been running it rather than taking knees?

I don't think so, even if it means kicking or turning over on downs. In fact, Saban has done just that in the past.

It's not whining, it's classless.
I wish he didn't take a knee against auburn in 2012...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
No, three knees wouldn't have finished it. We sound like a bunch of sour grapes whiners, whether we realize it or not. I'm done...
Before the 1st down penalty yes but the 1st down came at 1:43 and the next snap at 1st down was at 1:20. It appeared that UO had conceded and was letting the clock run so 3 knees would have ended it. There was 30 seconds on the clock when OSU snapped on 2nd down.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Love the hate. It must mean that we are relevant once again.

Go Bucks!!!

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I was hoping for a Duck win, and as bad as it's been here in South Ohio/Carolina for the past week, their fans are going to manage to be even more insufferable. But OSU just pounded the Ducks on both sides of the ball.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I don't think it's sour grapes...I just think our pure dislike for CUM overall as a group is showing through...There were mentions that he had turned things around a bit, only to regain his throne as king of all dbs at the end of the game...He really is easy to dislike...

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
So you think Saban would have been running it rather than taking knees?

I don't think so, even if it means kicking or turning over on downs. In fact, Saban has done just that in the past.

It's not whining, it's classless.
My brother, who's a devout UT fan, called me to explicitly talk about how classless the play was. It's not just a sour grapes reaction. I personally don't care either way. I didn't really have a horse in the race. Football is a man's game and you shouldn't cry if you can't stop the bleeding. That said, it does seem overzealous to push that late score. What difference did it make? Who are you trying to prove something to?

Last edited:

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
What really stings is that I think Bama also would've easily beaten the Ducks. The real national championship game was in New Orleans.

Congrats to the Buckeyes.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
People called Saban classless for scoring one more TD against Texas.

I really don't have a problem with that last TD. Oregon likes to play football like a 12yr old on a videogame, they can lose like a 12yr old on a videogame. Wouldn't have cared if OSU had gone for 2.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
That said, it does seem overzealous to push that late score. What difference did it make? Who are you trying to prove something to?
Exactly. I mean, what's more demeaning - scoring or taking knees, showing mercy?

You can be classy and still prove your superiority. Apparently that's a lesson urby hasn't learned yet.

Last edited:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
People called Saban classless for scoring one more TD against Texas.

I really don't have a problem with that last TD. Oregon likes to play football like a 12yr old on a videogame, they can lose like a 12yr old on a videogame. Wouldn't have cared if OSU had gone for 2.
I kinda like your post but still wouldn't want my team going for it. I don't recall the exact situation against UT but I think there was much more than 30 seconds left on second down.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Go Bucks!!!
Means your coach is still a classless quitter who would've faked a heart attack had Oregon run his team out of the stadium.

Congratulations to the guys who put the work in to win that championship. I expected Oregon to win, but part of me is happy that the team who plays closest to real football won tonight.

Last edited:

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Maybe it just because Urban has always been such a classy guy. Right? I thought Ohio State was always relevant . Just ask one of their fans. Oh by the way- why do juniors seldom leave for the NFL early like everyone else?

Go Bucks!!!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.