Game Thread: Oregon v.s. Ohio State for the Title

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I'm a little disappointed at some of what I've read in this thread tonight. They beat us and went on to win the title. Congrats to Ohio State, they made the plays they needed and we didn't.

Now, on to NSD and let's focus on next year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I thought he was a redshirt sophomore.
He was - that is a huge reason for his ability to step in and play well - this was his third season in Meyer's system. He got 2nd string snaps throughout the spring and summer as Miller's backup, then was passed by Barrett when Miller went down. He still has 2 years to play 2. It will be interesting to see who wins the starting job next year.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Love the hate. It must mean that we are relevant once again.

Go Bucks!!!
Congrats on winning another national championship.

And no, I do not have a problem with the Buckeye's last touchdown.
And, the good news is we won't see much of Oregon blitzkrieg around here any more.

Last edited:

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
He was - that is a huge reason for his ability to step in and play well - this was his third season in Meyer's system. He got 2nd string snaps throughout the spring and summer as Miller's backup, then was passed by Barrett when Miller went down. He still has 2 years to play 2. It will be interesting to see who wins the starting job next year.
Congrats B1GTide !!!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Congrats on winning another national championship.

And no, I do not have a problem with the Buckeye's last touchdown.
And, the good news is we won't see much of Oregon blitzkrieg around here any more.
yeah, at least in my opinion, "running up the score" is perfectly acceptable in championship games [not that i consider what osu did as running up the score ;) ]

and oregon blitzkrieg may just make an appearance ;)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not opposed to a team scoring as often as possible - that's what they're built to do...

I just prefer taking a knee instead of scoring at the very end of the game when it's already essentially over.

No big deal either way, though it is an easy way to take an extra shot at urby. :)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'm not opposed to a team scoring as often as possible - that's what they're built to do...

I just prefer taking a knee instead of scoring at the very end of the game when it's already essentially over.

No big deal either way, though it is an easy way to take an extra shot at urby. :)
i have a feeling urby will prove to be an easy target next season ;) he hasn't really had the spotlight shining on him since 2009/10

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Congrats to B1G Tide and the Buckeyes for their win last night. Pretty much total domination.

OSU brings back 17 starters plus QB and RB next year - and should be back in the hunt for a second NC in a row.

The question is can their opponents develop a run defense stout enough to stop them? Because IMHO that is what it will take.

My other observation is it didn't seem like the HUNH offense really worked against this team last night. More food for thought for those concerned about playing against an up-tempo program.

Going to be an interesting season next year given how this one ended.

Congrats to all the programs for all their accomplishments this season. A lot to be thankful for and happy about.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
After that first drive by Oregon, I thought it would be a one-sided game in Oregon's favor. However, we all saw what we have been saying was true--the Pac 10 teams just can't hang with the "BIG" boys anymore. As much as I hate to say it, there are a few teams in the B1G that could play in the SEC and tOSU is one of them. Oregon's defense got tired and their "fool proof" offense got rattled. I was very unimpressed with Mariota's ability to stay composed and it makes me more mad that Coop didn't win the Heisman. And, let's all be honest, FSU is a fraud so Oregon beating them was really not THAT impressive. I think on that particular night, even Auburn would have beaten FSU. The OSU team I watched last night was not just leaps and bounds better then Oregon--they were out to make a point and they did. I absolutely LOATHE Urban Meyer, but did feel a sense of happiness for a few of their players. Not many, but a few. Zeke Elliott is the real deal and I think Cardale Jones just cemented the starting QB job for the rest of his time at OSU. Braxton Miller and JT Barrett better find new homes quick.

Anyway, I was under-whelmed for the most part, except for when Zeke had the football. He is really fun to watch. But in the end, I switched back to my Walking Dead marathon. haha.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
HUNH hurts your defense in the long run. Rinse, repeat. We had trouble this year with too many three and outs and the defense not stopping on 3rd down. Gotta keep the defense fresh.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
My observations from last night:

Great win for the Buckeyes.
Game not even really a good match, given the Buckeyes turnovers that could have made it a much bigger blowout.
Real National Championship game was likely played 10 days ago in New Orleans.
Urban Meyer is a scumbag. Should have shown class and taken a knee every play on final series. Oregon had no chance and couldn't stop the clock anyway. I hope he gets what's coming to him for that classless act of "rubbing their noses in it" with a TD with 28 seconds left.
We overachieved this year, coming in so uncertain at key positions like QB and LB and CB. We'll have to overachieve even more next year as we lost a ton of experience all around the field. If we squeak out 10-11 wins i think it will be a great season.

Now let's support Coach Grant and help keep our basketball team winning. They are playing some inspired tough ball right now.

Roll Tide.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.