Ohio State: Next Season's FSU w/o the Drama (also 1st poll results)

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Re: Ohio State: Next Season's FSU w/o the Drama

And there are no guarantees, but how long does it take Michigan to get back to be a formidable challenge for OSU?

B

BroadwayJoe777

OSU is in position to win 3 or 4 titles over the next 5 years. They are loaded with perhaps the best game day coaching staff in football. They will be a dynasty that may surpass what BAMA did 2009-2012.
Since you seem to be lauding their greatness, why not put the correct logo on your profile?

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery

tOSU's scholarship sanctions from the 2012 tattoo debacle were up yesterday. So that's 5 more per year they get.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

And there are no guarantees, but how long does it take Michigan to get back to be a formidable challenge for OSU?
well Meyer hasnt exactly blown them out or dominated a game with them. 2 years ago Hoke went for the win instead of the tie and Osu won by 1, but all three games have been close. I think Meyer might take Harbaugh more seriously, but I still think the last 2 weeks in the season against the teams of Michigan will be their biggest hurdles.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005

they do have a loaded team, but winning 3-4 titles over 5 years is easier said than done, regardless of coaching and talent.
Why? BAMA did. Granted OSU and BAMA are the 2 big dogs now. I can see both teams in the running for the next few years. Don't get me wrong. I want OSU to win their conference and get thumped in the playoffs.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Why? BAMA did. Granted OSU and BAMA are the 2 big dogs now. I can see both teams in the running for the next few years. Don't get me wrong. I want OSU to win their conference and get thumped in the playoffs.
yes, we did. and we will see if osu does.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed

I can honestly say I never hated FSU and came away with some respect for them after interacting with their fanbase. tOSU is a different story. Yeah there is some sour grapes in losing to them, but overall I came away with the impression they're a bunch of classless punks, from their fans, to the players all the way up the ladder to the head coach, and I'll be actively rooting for their downfall. Punks like Joey Bosa with his cheap shots on the QB and then his twitter banter after the game shows what kind of character he, and by extension that entire team, has: None. Winston has more class than that guy. In my opinion they are far worse than FSU and I hope to see Dantonio and Harbaugh (in the very near future) chase their thug head coach and the rest of the dirty tOSU establishment clear out of that conference. What comes around will go around. I predict they'll be hated with far more intensity than FSU ever was.

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

There is talk Cardale Jones may jump to the NFL. If Braxton Miller jumps also that would be fun. If I were Cardale I would leave one way or another. The guy has a big time arm. Some are saying he probably should have been starting from day one. It would be funny if all three came back and they make him 3rd string again. That would kill his shot at the NFL. He should leave while the iron is hot. Seeing he is projected as a first round pick now. Some are saying they would take him before JW and MM.
Wel what we do know is that Ohio State does return a QB though. [emoji6]

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

I don't see Michigan pulling a 2013 Auburn....they will be better than last year though form sure.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

judging by the comment section, some Ohio State fans are approaching into LSU arrogance territory.
Osu have some of the worst fans, anywhere. No class. Don't know how to win or lose with class. It's why I enjoy seeing them fail.

I don't see the love fest for Urb. If he is sooo good, then why was his best QB the 3rd string??? He lucked out.

Ezekiel is a legit RB though.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed

Osu have some of the worst fans, anywhere. No class. Don't know how to win or lose with class. It's why I enjoy seeing them fail.

I don't see the love fest for Urb. If he is sooo good, then why was his best QB the 3rd string??? He lucked out.

Ezekiel is a legit RB though.
I agree with this and came away with the same impression. I haven't encountered any fanbases that have anything good to say about them. There will be no love lost when they encounter their day of reckoning. Hope it's next season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.