Ohio State: Next Season's FSU w/o the Drama (also 1st poll results)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Re: Ohio State: Next Season's FSU w/o the Drama

I can honestly say I never hated FSU and came away with some respect for them after interacting with their fanbase. tOSU is a different story. Yeah there is some sour grapes in losing to them, but overall I came away with the impression they're a bunch of classless punks, from their fans, to the players all the way up the ladder to the head coach, and I'll be actively rooting for their downfall. Punks like Joey Bosa with his cheap shots on the QB and then his twitter banter after the game shows what kind of character he, and by extension that entire team, has: None. Winston has more class than that guy. In my opinion they are far worse than FSU and I hope to see Dantonio and Harbaugh (in the very near future) chase their thug head coach and the rest of the dirty tOSU establishment clear out of that conference. What comes around will go around. I predict they'll be hated with far more intensity than FSU ever was.
It eventually caught up with Urby at UF. He had some absolute trouble makers on those squads and he allowed a LOT of "stuff" to go on. We'll see what happens next but he left that entire program in near dumpster fire status and others could attest. There are a lot of gator fans I know who wouldn't pee on the man if he were ablaze.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008

I agree with this and came away with the same impression. I haven't encountered any fanbases that have anything good to say about them. There will be no love lost when they encounter their day of reckoning. Hope it's next season.
My BOL who is just about the easiest going, hard to ruffle feathers guy if there ever was one was appalled by their behavior. Young and old alike cussed up one side and down the other and were the worst fans he'd ever seen.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed

It eventually caught up with Urby at UF. He had some absolute trouble makers on those squads and he allowed a LOT of "stuff" to go on. We'll see what happens next but he left that entire program in near dumpster fire status and others could attest. There are a lot of gator fans I know who wouldn't pee on the man if he were ablaze.
I think Joey Bosa sums up that team pretty well. Thuggish, classless, dirty.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Do I even dare open my mouth here?

Every so often we go through this - some team is the next UCLA basketball dynasty, the NY Yankees, the Boston Celtics, and the Canadiens ALL ROLLED INTO ONE!!!!

Florida State under Bobby Bowden had that incredible run.....two titles in his 15 years as a top five team. USC had an awesome run.......1 1/2 titles. That Miami team with Ken Dorsey, greatest ever.....one title. Alabama gets three in four and now all of a sudden anyone can do it, right? Never mind that NOW you have to win SIX TOUGH GAMES against the best of the best to win it all rather than the old THREE. The theory is that a dynasty will be easier because it's easier to have a good team that sloughs off a loss; I say it's harder because you now have an extra VERY difficult game that may injure your best player(s). It will be easier to be in the running but tougher to actually do.

I'm gonna remind you folks of something......remember all the shouting in 2013 about how the winner of the Alabama-aTm game had "an easy way" the rest of the way and that that was a de facto Western conference title game? And how aTm couldn't possibly lose more than twice at most? REMEMBER that? Because I sure do. aTm was gonna ground us into sausage and pass us out the colon. And remember how the moment we lost to Ole Miss this whole board went "bite down on the cyanide pill" and said we'd lose 3-4 games esp after the Arkansas debacle?

Or who among you saw MSU as #1 for five weeks this year? Anybody? Of course not!!!

The fact is that nobody knows what will happen. Ohio State is already the target in the Big Ten given Michigan's recent struggles. But they didn't go unbeaten this year, either. Who among you had them losing to Va Tech? Nobody? This whole "well, they don't have a game until week 11" is such foolish talk it makes me want to strangle someone. And remember that six-loss Auburn team a bunch of you projected in 2010?

I went out on a limb after we lost to S Carolina in 2010 and said Auburn was our toughest game remaining. I got mocked six ways from Tuesday and yet I turned out to be dead on right. People could explain to me how Auburn was a lousy team and "lucky" and all that jazz. Maybe so - but I'd rather be the luckiest bad team to win the title than the best team ever to NOT win it.

Nobody knows, it's months away and just put down the Kool-Aid. Everyone.

RTR

I guess with us at number ten I should plan on.......what? If we win them all, we're in.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

The debate on FSU fans vs tOSU fans to me is weird. I was in NOLA for a week with tOSU fans, and although there were a LOT of loud obnoxious ones (which comes with every fan base) we had some really good interactions with some of them. FSU fans on the other hand...they are the worst fan base I have ever been around.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

The debate on FSU fans vs tOSU fans to me is weird. I was in NOLA for a week with tOSU fans, and although there were a LOT of loud obnoxious ones (which comes with every fan base) we had some really good interactions with some of them. FSU fans on the other hand...they are the worst fan base I have ever been around.
I still maintain Tennessee has the worst for accomplishing so little.

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180

My two cents on the early polls. First is Bama will end up (according to the early polls) playing at a minimum of SIX of the perceived top 25 teams. tosu on the other hand will play a maximum of three in the top 25. They had one good game last season and that was Wisconsin. There is much more wear and tear facing stronger opponents than weaker ones lets face it.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I am seeing a lot of early polls including Clemson in the top 4. Have they not been paying attention the past lifetime?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

My two cents on the early polls. First is Bama will end up (according to the early polls) playing at a minimum of SIX of the perceived top 25 teams. tosu on the other hand will play a maximum of three in the top 25. They had one good game last season and that was Wisconsin. There is much more wear and tear facing stronger opponents than weaker ones lets face it.
We did not face an SEC schedule, but we did play 9 bowl teams before the playoffs.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008

We did not face an SEC schedule, but we did play 9 bowl teams before the playoffs.
Yall won it on the field. Nothing to prove here. Do I think it is an easier route to get there? Yes, but you can't control what conf. you're in and you play the folks that line up across from you. Would it be different if yall had played AU's schedule? Probably, but hell, most teams couldn't navigate that. Yall have a damn good team and it will be interesting to see how they respond to their new spot as king of the mountain.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

I am seeing a lot of early polls including Clemson in the top 4. Have they not been paying attention the past lifetime?
It appears Clemson is getting the kind of boost that Oklahoma got last year off of beating us. Except I'm not sure why beating Oklahoma gives you that same boost. It's also strange because Clemson is losing a lot of that defense which was really all they had going for them without Watson.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I agree with you, but now it is like so many teams make bowl games now it doesn't mean as much as it used to. I always say it is like making the all star team in baseball, everybody seems to make it. It is so hard to compare apples to apples when it comes to conferences now.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

It appears Clemson is getting the kind of boost that Oklahoma got last year off of beating us. Except I'm not sure why beating Oklahoma gives you that same boost. It's also strange because Clemson is losing a lot of that defense which was really all they had going for them without Watson.
I liked their (Clemson's) defense in that bowl game. They were getting after Oklahoma all night. Venerables seems like he might be a pretty good DC, at least for that night anyway.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.