Ohio State: Next Season's FSU w/o the Drama (also 1st poll results)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
It's clear that the Buckeyes will start the preseason #1 and like the Seminoles they should make it through their schedule unscathed. Lord knows they won't fear a QB going down to injury. As annoying as they are, they have a really solid team and are going to be a force in the years to come.

CUM got two rings in FL before the wheels came off. Did he learn his lessons? We'll see soon enough because maintaining that drive is very tough to do.

Congrats Buckeyes. Hope we see y'all again real soon. Enjoy that big fat target on your back.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Re: Ohio State: Next Season's FSU w/o the Drama

Auburn at #2? Seriously?
How good will that Jeremy Johnson be at QB?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

OSU is in position to win 3 or 4 titles over the next 5 years. They are loaded with perhaps the best game day coaching staff in football. They will be a dynasty that may surpass what BAMA did 2009-2012.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008

Auburn at #2? Seriously?
How good will that Jeremy Johnson be at QB?
That is the question, as well as their O-line. However, they do have a favorable home schedule. I would not bank on them finishing #2.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Jeremy Johnson did look good in his limited play this past season. He looked like a better natural passer than Nick Marshall was. Duke Williams is also coming back. I wonder if Gus leans more toward the pass with their HUNH than the run that we are used to seeing from Barn.

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL

Ohio State will be heavy favorites to repeat next season,but the barn at #2,please.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Auburn does not surprise me with the addition of Muschamp. Everyone is going to love them going into the season. Have to see how that plays out, but it looks to improve them dramatically.

Having Stanford ranked ahead of Alabama is just stupid. I am not sure that the PAC will put a team in the playoff next year - nor will the ACC. I see the SEC placing two teams in the playoff next year.

I get that you have to replace your QB and 3 O-Linemen, but you will be better on defense next year and a great Alabama defense will put you in the playoffs again.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

OSU is in position to win 3 or 4 titles over the next 5 years. They are loaded with perhaps the best game day coaching staff in football. They will be a dynasty that may surpass what BAMA did 2009-2012.
They certainly have an easier in conference slate.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008

Auburn does not surprise me with the addition of Muschamp. Everyone is going to love them going into the season. Have to see how that plays out, but it looks to improve them dramatically.

Having Stanford ranked ahead of Alabama is just stupid. I am not sure that the PAC will put a team in the playoff next year - nor will the ACC. I see the SEC placing two teams in the playoff next year.

I get that you have to replace your QB and 3 O-Linemen, but you will be better on defense next year and a great Alabama defense will put you in the playoffs again.
Congrats B1G! Yall had a great team that showed remarkable resilience. The best team truly won it on the field. Enjoy it!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

they do have a loaded team, but winning 3-4 titles over 5 years is easier said than done, regardless of coaching and talent.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

they do have a loaded team, but winning 3-4 titles over 5 years is easier said than done, regardless of coaching and talent.
Ohio State - will win 3-4 of the next 5 seasons!
Bama - the run is over and likely won't win another NC for the foreseeable future

Just like the stock market... when things are going great - irrational exuberance .... when things are not so great - irrational depression.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014

If Dan Quinn bolts for NY Jets as many are thinking, you can bet he'll go after Muschamp to lead his defense. Auburn won't be that high then since it's all based on false perception at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Auburn will lose 4 games minimum, and their early season is going to be very difficult for any team to break in a new qb. With that said, I feel that if alabama survives October then alabama will be in the playoffs

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008

for comparison

2015 Alabama Football Schedule

Date Opponent Site
Sept. 5 Wisconsin Dallas, Texas
Sept. 12 Middle Tennessee Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Sept. 19 *Ole Miss Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Sept. 26 Louisiana-Monroe Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Oct. 3 *Georgia Athens, Ga.
Oct. 10 *Arkansas Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Oct. 17 *Texas A&M College Station, Texas
Oct. 24 *Tennessee Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Oct. 31 Bye
Nov. 7 *LSU Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Nov. 14 *Mississippi State Starkville, Miss.
Nov. 21 Charleston Southern Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Nov. 28 *Auburn Auburn, Ala.

Auburn
Sept. 5: vs. Louisville (Atlanta)
Sept. 12: vs. Jacksonville State
Sept. 19: at LSU
Sept. 26: vs. Mississippi State
Oct. 3: San Jose State
Oct. 10: Open date
Oct. 15: at Kentucky
Oct. 24: at Arkansas
Oct. 31: vs. Ole Miss
Nov. 7: at Texas A&M
Nov 14: vs. Georgia
Nov. 21: vs. Idaho
Nov. 28: vs. Alabama

Ohio St.
Sept. 7 – at Virginia Tech
Sept. 12 – Hawaii
Sept. 19 – Northern Illinois
Sept. 26 – Western Michigan
Oct. 3 – at Indiana
Oct. 10 – Maryland
Oct. 17 – Penn State
Oct. 24 – at Rutgers
Oct. 31 – Off
Nov. 7 – Minnesota
Nov. 14 – at Illinois
Nov. 21 – Michigan State
Nov. 28 – at Michigan
Dec. 5 – Big Ten Championship Game

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Three potential loss for OSU... Maybe four. Michigan State will be the suprise team.
Auburn - 3-5 potential loss...
Bama- 2-3 potential loss... IT really depends on how good Texas A and M will be.. and who we face in SEC EAST.

I think we'll see OSU, Bama back but the final 2 ...up for air.. I rather us to be no 1 and 2... so we can meet in championship.
for comparison

2015 Alabama Football Schedule

Date
Opponent
Site
Sept. 5
Wisconsin
Dallas, Texas
Sept. 12
Middle Tennessee
Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Sept. 19
*Ole Miss
Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Sept. 26
Louisiana-Monroe
Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Oct. 3
*Georgia
Athens, Ga.
Oct. 10
*Arkansas
Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Oct. 17
*Texas A&M
College Station, Texas
Oct. 24
*Tennessee
Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Oct. 31
Bye
Nov. 7
*LSU
Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Nov. 14
*Mississippi State
Starkville, Miss.
Nov. 21
Charleston Southern
Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Nov. 28
*Auburn
Auburn, Ala.

Auburn
Sept. 5: vs. Louisville (Atlanta)
Sept. 12: vs. Jacksonville State
Sept. 19: at LSU
Sept. 26: vs. Mississippi State
Oct. 3: San Jose State
Oct. 10: Open date
Oct. 15: at Kentucky
Oct. 24: at Arkansas
Oct. 31: vs. Ole Miss
Nov. 7: at Texas A&M
Nov 14: vs. Georgia
Nov. 21: vs. Idaho
Nov. 28: vs. Alabama

Ohio St.
Sept. 7 – at Virginia Tech
Sept. 12 – Hawaii
Sept. 19 – Northern Illinois
Sept. 26 – Western Michigan
Oct. 3 – at Indiana
Oct. 10 – Maryland
Oct. 17 – Penn State
Oct. 24 – at Rutgers
Oct. 31 – Off
Nov. 7 – Minnesota
Nov. 14 – at Illinois
Nov. 21 – Michigan State
Nov. 28 – at Michigan
Dec. 5 – Big Ten Championship Game

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

I'm sorry but the Buckeyes schedule is nowhere remotely near Bama or Barn's. It's FSU-like 2014 easy.
It's really hard to say how tough someones schedule will be. You have to consider our prime out of conference game is against a Big team. Va Tech seems to have a good team every few years and they play them there. If they win out they are in no doubt about it. Not to mention the way the Big performed in the Bowl games this year will give the SEC haters lots of amo. Michigan State will probably beat Oregon next year. They get them at home. If the only loss for MS is Ohio State or vice versa they may try to get two Big teams in the playoffs. Urban has already built up the media expectations for his team next year when he said that team will be the best team he has ever had. I really hope we get them again next year in the playoffs. I expect a completely different result especially if we are the under dog.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008

Three potential loss for OSU... Maybe four. Michigan State will be the suprise team.
Their first real challenging opponent should be their 11th game. Haven't looked at what VaTech returns but that could be a closer game due to it being the first game and at Blacksburg. One thing though, OSU won't be looking past them again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.