Link: Bama #4 in final AP poll

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I really thought that we would be #2 since we were close to OSU and Oregon was blown out in the end. But I guess it really doesn't matter. All that matters is who is number 1.

http://secsports.go.com/rankings/football/1

1. Ohio State
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Alabama

I'm also sure TCU drumming Ole Miss and us losing to Ole Miss probably had a lot to do with TCU jumping us.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I really thought that we would be #2 since we were close to OSU and Oregon was blown out in the end. But I guess it really doesn't matter. All that matters is who is number 1.

http://secsports.go.com/rankings/football/1

1. Ohio State
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Alabama
They had to appease TCU don't you know. They will prolly stay #2 this coming season as a way of the ncaa apologizing to them for not having them at the big dance.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
With 2 losses for both Oregon and Alabama I think we should have been ranked above Oregon since we played OSU much tougher than Oregon did.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Why should Oregon not be #2? They lost the championship game, which is the equivalent of finishing second.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Why should Oregon not be #2? They lost the championship game, which is the equivalent of finishing second.
Because we could have beaten Ohio State ... Oregon had no chance against the Buckeyes. I will give credit though to Oregon beating FSU by 39. It really should be:

#1 Ohio State
#2 TCU
#3 Alabama
#4 Oregon

Just because you beat a weak team to get to the NC game and then lose, doesn't automatically make you #2.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Because we could have beaten Ohio State ... Oregon had no chance against the Buckeyes. I will give credit though to Oregon beating FSU by 39. It really should be:

#1 Ohio State
#2 TCU
#3 Alabama
#4 Oregon

Just because you beat a weak team to get to the NC game and then lose, doesn't automatically make you #2.
But we didn't beat Ohio State. We lost. Oregon won their game to play for the national title. They did their part. We didn't do ours.

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States
why would you rank tcu above us? tcu should be no higher than 4 or 5 imo

#1 Ohio State
#2 TCU
#3 Alabama
#4 Oregon

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Well, it is interesting that Oregon didn't drop, but we dropped three spots for the same thing - losing to Ohio State. But, I don't really care either way.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
To me it kind of disrespects the CFP process to have a "final four" and NOT have those teams end up as the final four because three of those teams are going to lose their games. FSU did not look good, granted, but putting TCU above a team that lost by one touchdown to the champs kind of irks me. But that's just my 2 cents.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I don't think Oregon deserves to be as high as #2! They looked REAL BAD last night.

If they had played in the SEC West this past year they would have at least 3 losses.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Not that it matters but we should have been 2nd or 3rd at the very worse. The absolute whooping the ducks took last night, combined with the fact F$U was totally exposed as a weak acc team should have dropped them to about the #4 spot.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
To me it kind of disrespects the CFP process to have a "final four" and NOT have those teams end up as the final four because three of those teams are going to lose their games. FSU did not look good, granted, but putting TCU above a team that lost by one touchdown to the champs kind of irks me. But that's just my 2 cents.
I wouldn't think too much on it. AP Poll is completely irrelevant now. That being said, is there going to be a final ranking from the Playoff committee? :confused:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.