The Future (OSU, will Bama be back on top?) - WATCH THE TEASERS

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Once again, singlewing THE CLOSET AUBURN TROLL shows up here right after a game to subtly rip our team. Can somebody show this guy the door once and for all?

I mean folks, doesn't 79 posts in A DECADE pretty well show who you're dealing with? ALWAYS after a Tide loss and always saying he doesn't think Bama Player X can measure up to "guy on another team."
I am shocked he even spelled Henry's name right. He usually spells the player's name wrong.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
CNS has dominated Urban twice. Urban has beat CNS in the 4th quarter twice..
The box score from the Sugar Bowl would make you think that, but had it not been for two turnovers in the first half we wouldve been ran out of the stadium at halftime. You also have to take into account that our defensive strenght was run Defense, and they had 123 yards rushing in the 1st quarter. You can say we lost that game in the fourth, and many here would probably agree, but the truth of the matter is that Oregon and Alabama were super fortunate that OSU is a turnover machine or both games wouldve been worse than they truly were. Alabama had openings to win due to those turnovers but after Blakes pick 6 it was effectively over. I will say Bama is the better team, but OSU was the hungriest and hottest team at the right time of the year.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Once again, singlewing THE CLOSET AUBURN TROLL shows up here right after a game to subtly rip our team. Can somebody show this guy the door once and for all?

I mean folks, doesn't 79 posts in A DECADE pretty well show who you're dealing with? ALWAYS after a Tide loss and always saying he doesn't think Bama Player X can measure up to "guy on another team."
Vaporize him (virtually)!

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
The box score from the Sugar Bowl would make you think that, but had it not been for two turnovers in the first half we wouldve been ran out of the stadium at halftime. You also have to take into account that our defensive strenght was run Defense, and they had 123 yards rushing in the 1st quarter. You can say we lost that game in the fourth, and many here would probably agree, but the truth of the matter is that Oregon and Alabama were super fortunate that OSU is a turnover machine or both games wouldve been worse than they truly were. Alabama had openings to win due to those turnovers but after Blakes pick 6 it was effectively over. I will say Bama is the better team, but OSU was the hungriest and hottest team at the right time of the year.

If you are going to make OSU's turnovers disappear, do the same for Alabama's and game would be close again... Maybe make one of OSU's receivers drop a 3rd down conversion as well.:)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If you are going to make OSU's turnovers disappear, do the same for Alabama's and game would be close again... Maybe make one of OSU's receivers drop a 3rd down conversion as well.:)
Ok then they would beat us 35-21 with the half time score being 20 or more to 7 the Bucks way if we takeaway turnovers that resulted in points. Our 14 points of turnovers had more of an impact on the closeness of the game than their 7 points off turnovers did at padding a second half lead. We simply got out played and more or less forced into submission to a hungrier and more physical team.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ok then they would beat us 35-21 with the half time score being 20 or more to 7 the Bucks way if we takeaway turnovers that resulted in points. Our 14 points of turnovers had more of an impact on the closeness of the game than their 7 points off turnovers did at padding a second half lead. We simply got out played and more or less forced into submission to a hungrier and more physical team.
Yeah, we all saw how they pounded us into submission on those two first and goals that got them two field goals, right?

Hey, they were the better team that played the better game but it wasn't as one-sided as anyone wants to think either way.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yeah, we all saw how they pounded us into submission on those two first and goals that got them two field goals, right?

Hey, they were the better team that played the better game but it wasn't as one-sided as anyone wants to think either way.
They were big stands by the defense, but 123 yards rushing in the first quarter is still 123 yards rushing in the 1st quarter.and they drove it down our throat all night long. Now I can understand them burning us with the pass, but they basically Tebowed us. The dam was going to break eventually, and the question was could we take advantage of their mistakes and score with our offense before it did. Unfortunatly we couldnt. If not for their turnovers then the game wouldve been over the second they scored in the 1st possesion in the 3rd quarter. I will say we couldve beat them, but they had the better backfield and that is a huge advantage for Urban Meyer to have.

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
They were big stands by the defense, but 123 yards rushing in the first quarter is still 123 yards rushing in the 1st quarter. and they drove it down our throat all night long. Now I can understand them burning us with the pass, but they basically Tebowed us. The dam was going to break eventually, and the question was could we take advantage of their mistakes and score with our offense before it did. Unfortunatly we couldnt. If not for their turnovers then the game wouldve been over the second they scored in the 1st possesion in the 3rd quarter. I will say we couldve beat them, but they had the better backfield and that is a huge advantage for Urban Meyer to have.
I'm not disputing they outplayed us, but you're making it sound like they beat us like they did Wisconsin and Oregon. They did run for 123 in the 1st that yielded 6 points, and ran they ran an 85 yard TD in the 4th with Reggie Ragland and Landon Collins standing on the sidelines. That's 208 yards and 13 points. They rushed for 291. Our defense gave up 83 yards rushing from the 2nd quarter to until 3 mins in 4th. In the meantime, Blake threw 3 INT's and a pick 6 while they hit us with several long passes and 2 TD passes, one of which was a trick play where a WR threw a TD pass, and scored a 2 pt conversion. They punted 6 times and we punted 7. Our offense scored 5 TD's, their offense scored 4.

There's no doubt they lined up and played physical football, but our defense controlled their running game for most of the game. They had 291 yards on 42 carries for an average of 6.7 YPC. 139 of those yards came on 2 plays, the 54 yard in the 1st quarter and the 85 yard run in the 4th. Without those 2 plays they have 40 carries for 152 yards for an average of 3.8 YPC. They just pounded, pounded, and pounded some more against Oregon. They punted 3 times all night against Oregon.

They outplayed us for sure - there's no doubt about it - but they beat us with big plays more than they beat us into submission like they did Oregon. There is a big difference. They were a team that I know we are capable of beating. They'd beat Oregon every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia

Pretty much when he typed "THE OSU" should have told you something....

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

we got exposed, i only see three definite wins on the schedule next year, and if we don't take those seriously, we could be looking at a very long season

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
you have to look at it from this perspective and also remove crimson colored glasses at times. Bill Belichick has been regarded as the best coach in the NFL for a while now. Tom Brady has a few rings and multiple passing records to his name. The New York Yankees have one of baseballs biggest pay rolls and yet neither the Yank's nor the Pat's win a championship every year. neither of those two pro teams will have the player turnover that Bama has because of scholarship and eligibility rules and all that. As long as Bama wins the SEC I'm happy. the playoffs are not always about the best team winning but as long as Bama is in a position to win it, I'm pretty dog gone happy about things.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.