Game Thread: ****Official Game Thread - Bama vs. SC Lite****

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Gotta say I didn't like that last "play"

Regarding Hale, I think the others nailed it. I do think his offense would come back quicker if he was on the floor longer and with the first team. Lately, when he gets on the floor, it is usually with the 2nd group and there are several minutes when things seem out of sync for the whole group. He's got to play defense better though.

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
I have watched that same end of the game sequence from this team too many times in the last 5 years. What did they talk about during the timeout....where are we going to stop and eat after the game/??????? Sorry, just frustrated.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
It was a great fight by our guys, but we cost ourselves the game by not going to the basket in the 1st half, giving up too many 2nd chances for Carolina, and missed FTs.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We lost it, they didn't win. This may be the game people point to at the end of the year at tourney time when bids get handed out. Good just not good enough. This was a game where we had more talent and simply blew it. We jacked up way too many 3's.

This is exactly why the fans are frustrated with Grant.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I have seen this ending before-too many times. Timeout and no real play. Cannot complain about the refs tonight- we shot 30 free throws on their court. Missed 10 and lost by 2. Cannot give up 14 offensive boards when we only get 4. Badly needed this win with the nightmare schedule coming up. Afraid we may be looking at 3-5 conference record by the time this month is done.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
We lost it, they didn't win. This may be the game people point to at the end of the year at tourney time when bids get handed out. Good just not good enough. This was a game where we had more talent and simply blew it. We jacked up way too many 3's.

This is exactly why the fans are frustrated with Grant.
Frustrating, yes. However, this team is playing together and playing hard. They will win more games than we have in years past. This year, we're actually seeing areas of improvement.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saw this stat last night on Twitter: our game featured 54 fouls while TAMU shot 44 FTs and 44 FGs against Mississippi State last night.

That's unreal.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought this must have been the plan because even after it broke down, Coleman was still focused on getting the ball to Randolph. I still think the timeout saved a turnover but wish Coach Grant had just gone ahead and called it earlier. I think he realized things weren't developing but the clock had ticked down so far at that point that the play after the timeout didn't have time for many options when USC defense got in the way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.