BOL: Lance Thompson Leaving to go to Auburn

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
By when? Isn't tomorrow a key date with recruiting?

Will we lose any recruits with these two coaches leaving?
apparently, some recruits already knew about Steele not being here.....

the only one I am concerned about is Adonis Thomas, who was recruited by Smart and Thompson and had UF as his leader at one point with Muschamp as the HC.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I hate to go so low as to call Thompson a traitor. But it certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth for ANY Alabama coach to jump to the Barn. As good as Bill Oliver was as our defensive coordinator, I never really got over him jumping ship for the West Georgia whiners back in the mid 90's. Good riddance to CLT.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I hate to go so low as to call Thompson a traitor. But it certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth for ANY Alabama coach to jump to the Barn. As good as Bill Oliver was as our defensive coordinator, I never really got over him jumping ship for the West Georgia whiners back in the mid 90's. Good riddance to CLT.
You're looking at it all wrong, not only did we get rid of one of the worst coaches on our coaching staff but we sent him to our most hated rivals. :)

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
You're looking at it all wrong, not only did we get rid of one of the worst coaches on our coaching staff but we sent him to our most hated rivals. :)
I already thought of and realized that. Just stating how I feel when a UA coach goes to the hated in-state rival. If they're hiring our former coaches and we are never hiring theirs, that says a lot about the red-headed stepchild syndrome they always seem to have. :)

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Have to say I was surprised he came back after he left to go to Rocky Flop. Now he's going to the Barn. I really hope we don't see him back in Tuscaloosa anytime in the future.

ARKIE

BamaNation Citizen
My POV - neither of these guys were great "on -field" coaches. Bama's defense was less than stellar when these guys were around as coaches, for the most part. They are both excellent recruiters, and I'm not sure how CNS overcomes that, but I'd bet a lot of money Bama's defense is much better from here on out. How the recruiting classes go is another story that remains to be seen.

I had every intention to come on here and say the same thing. Thank you! That being said I hope we go new and young and not retread.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We've had #1 classes with them, #1 classes without them. Recruiting is the most replaceable aspect as the brand recruits itself in large part. You just don't want to hear a guy is a bad recruiter...that is a red flag.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I literally harped on the Lance Thompson hire on two different occasions. Wasn't super excited for Steele to move back onto the field this year after seeing the improvement without him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.