Candidates to replace Lance Thompson and Kevin Steele

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
The Oline may not have been as good as some in the recent past but they weren't that bad.

They didn't cost us a win this year IMO.
Diasagree totally. We had trouble more 3 and outs this year than I can ever remember. Both the OSU and Ole Miss games were marred by out inablility to have any semblance of a drive in the 2nd half of both games. Look at our lack of production in the 3rd quarter of the about 8 games this year when couldn't protect or run block. I am not Cristobal fan.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Diasagree totally. We had trouble more 3 and outs this year than I can ever remember. Both the OSU and Ole Miss games were marred by out inablility to have any semblance of a drive in the 2nd half of both games. Look at our lack of production in the 3rd quarter of the about 8 games this year when couldn't protect or run block. I am not Cristobal fan.
Against Ole Miss, the OL was doing fine until Kelly got hurt.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think pretty much every thread this off season will end up discussing Cristobal similar to how about 70-80% of the threads last off season dealt with Blake v. Coker.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I really don't have more to say than "I think he should be producing better results." Can he improve?
I hope so and will trust Coach Saban to decide if he will.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
go back and check what plays we ran on third down. Way more often than we should have, the play called or the play we checked into was a pass play, even on 3rd and 3 or 4 yards. I think that had a lot more to do with the lack of 3rd down conversions than the OL coaching.

I wasn't a Cristobal fan at first either, but to some degree he was making lemonade out of lemons. The talent cupboard was really bare when he got here. He coached AK and Shep to be legit prospects with AK being one of the top guards. He obviously has done a decent job with Robinson and Kelly. The real test for him will be once he's finally got some depth next year to see if we can be consistent.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
This is a crock of horse manure. And that's all on going to say about that. SMH. Wrong post in the wrong thread. Its Friday and I've had a beer,,,,,,,or two . I come before you today asking for your forgiveness. Roll d Tide!!!

Last edited:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
So, uh, whose excited about upgrading the lineblackers coaching? Hnh? All these 5 and 4 star recruits ready to get some better caching? Ready to smack some heads around? Ohh yaa. Your ready.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I am. I think we can see some kind of " meanness" within our LBs and we could be much better than we were today.
So, uh, whose excited about upgrading the lineblackers coaching? Hnh? All these 5 and 4 star recruits ready to get some better caching? Ready to smack some heads around? Ohh yaa. Your ready.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I wouldn't mind if we could bring back James Willis, I thought he was a really good coach for us & a great recruiter as well..I doubt he'd leave his DC position at The Ragin' Cajuns though..

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Do you think Coach has already decided who the new coaches will be, but hasn't revealed it to the media yet?

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I am. I think we can see some kind of " meanness" within our LBs and we could be much better than we were today.
Yaa, mean like Rolando McClain, Tana Patrick, Donta' Hightower, Corey Reamer, Eryk Anders.. Those were some baaad boys.

I wouldn't mind if we could bring back James Willis, I thought he was a really good coach for us & a great recruiter as well..I doubt he'd leave his DC position at The Ragin' Cajuns though..
Would that be a lateral move? DC at a mid major school, for a postion coach with the Gold Standard? I'm sure we could match his pay.. Is Sal Sunseri still out of the question?

Do you think Coach has already decided who the new coaches will be, but hasn't revealed it to the media yet?
I was actually thinking about this very same question earlier today, I've got to think he has a lot on his plate, obviously what with recruiting really starting now and he probably asked Kirby Smart for a helpful opinion to consider. I would imagine he's got a good list of candidates but probably won't confirm who until he knows for sure everything is a done deal.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think he knows... But is probably holding off until Monday or so... because of the offical weekend... But then again, the recuits may have already met the LB coach and were told not to say a word about it.
Yaa, mean like Rolando McClain, Tana Patrick, Donta' Hightower, Corey Reamer, Eryk Anders.. Those were some baaad boys.

Would that be a lateral move? DC at a mid major school, for a postion coach with the Gold Standard? I'm sure we could match his pay.. Is Sal Sunseri still out of the question?

I was actually thinking about this very same question earlier today, I've got to think he has a lot on his plate, obviously what with recruiting really starting now and he probably asked Kirby Smart for a helpful opinion to consider. I would imagine he's got a good list of candidates but probably won't confirm who until he knows for sure everything is a done deal.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
You make a valid point & would love to see it happen..I thought he was an excellent coach for us & should he come back to Bama, and our LB'ers shows a marked improvement as a group under his coaching, the job offers from major schools, would definitely come his way & might be the better route to move up in the coaching ranks by coming back to Bama..If Coach Saban wants him back that is..I agree 100% with ya his salary would be equal as our LB'ers Coach or more than where he's at now as a mid-major DC..

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Toast? We are 24-4 over the last two years and were on the verge of two national championships. If that's toast, bring me a second order.
Well, the biggest worry we have is that the things that haven't worked still aren't working. We've identified the problems and there still problems. I for one think we have the pieces to fix a LOT of the issues. I also didn't expect it to happen overnight. I thought 2014 was going to be a lot less pleasant than 12-2 with an SEC title. I'll just say I was pleasantly surprised.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Well, the biggest worry we have is that the things that haven't worked still aren't working. We've identified the problems and there still problems. I for one think we have the pieces to fix a LOT of the issues. I also didn't expect it to happen overnight. I thought 2014 was going to be a lot less pleasant than 12-2 with an SEC title. I'll just say I was pleasantly surprised.
Agreed. Sometimes you have to do the best you can with what you have. What recourse Is left when you play your best and they aren't good enough? You can only hope that people improve or someone better shows up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.