Appears Reed is staying (was Jarran Reed Going Pro)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Appears Jarran Reed is Going Pro

Wonder why he wasn't at the announcement with the other players. He either didn't have Saban's blessing or waited till the last minute to make the decision..

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Dang, he was one of my favorite players this year. He was as equally imposing as Robinson. Having the two of them back together would have been awesome.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL

Can they do those things and go to the combine, and as long as they haven't signed with an agent, they can come back (if they don't get the feedback they are looking for)?

Or, how does that work?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Can they do those things and go to the combine, and as long as they haven't signed with an agent, they can come back (if they don't get the feedback they are looking for)?

Or, how does that work?
Tomorrow is the deadline to declare, and I believe players that have not signed with agents have a couple of days to change their mind. After that date, they can't return.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Or, how does that work?
No, once the deadline passes and they have declared, they are gone. Certainly can't come back after the combine, even without having signed with an agent. That's why they have the pre-deadline draft status projections.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Well, I wish him good luck. I don't know that he will be an early round pick, but I don't know that another year in college would have helped with that, either. I always say, I don't know the young men or their particular financial, academic, personal and health situations. Therefore, I rarely second guess.

I do feel like there are far too many college players with eligibility left who are fed a lot of .... and bull about their prospects in the NFL. Last year was particularly terrible when something like three full rounds of underclassmen declared for the draft. The math just seems obvious (# of NFL teams x number of draft rounds) - teams with a couple of established players at your position(s) - guys in draft or becoming free agents who are as good or better than you at the spot = maximum number of chances you realistically have of being drafted. I guess if you play a spot where there are multiple players like WR or DE your chances are better than single spot positions (QB, Punter).

All that said, thanks for all you did Mr. Reed. Hope you are playing on Sundays in September.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

I was sure hoping Jaron was coming back. However.....good luck and best wishes to him!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

And now Reggie Ragland tweets "he not leaving" to Aaron Suttles when Suttles tweets the news about Reed.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

I hate to see him leave but think he will be gone no latter than the second round. He was to good on our line and beat out good competition to go undrafted. He probably could have gone top 10 had he stayed although.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Well, I wish him good luck. I don't know that he will be an early round pick, but I don't know that another year in college would have helped with that, either. I always say, I don't know the young men or their particular financial, academic, personal and health situations. Therefore, I rarely second guess.

I do feel like there are far too many college players with eligibility left who are fed a lot of .... and bull about their prospects in the NFL. Last year was particularly terrible when something like three full rounds of underclassmen declared for the draft. The math just seems obvious (# of NFL teams x number of draft rounds) - teams with a couple of established players at your position(s) - guys in draft or becoming free agents who are as good or better than you at the spot = maximum number of chances you realistically have of being drafted. I guess if you play a spot where there are multiple players like WR or DE your chances are better than single spot positions (QB, Punter).

All that said, thanks for all you did Mr. Reed. Hope you are playing on Sundays in September.
Wasn't Hubbard one of those? He was undrafted, if memory serves. Young men need to know when a "friend" is blowing smoke up their skirt. "Oh, yeah, man, you're going to be a first round guy for sure. Second round, tops. Or maybe undrafted... Oops! Sorry."

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.