That's it, if Nick Saban ever leaves, I want Gary Patterson at the Capstone

Sano

1st Team
Oct 30, 2006
NYC
Not trying to stir any rumors, this is just a thought that crossed my mind and I wondered what others think... Let's face it, the legend can not coach forever.. I dont know much about Gary or his character but what he did for TCU is outstanding to me..

plus it is the only way I can get rid of this annoying notification everytime I log in here telling me it is been ages since I posted anything.. ;)

http://espn.go.com/college-football...orned-frogs-wins-bear-bryant-coach-year-award

Mod, feel free to delete if you think it is a taboo topic..

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Not trying to stir any rumors, this is just a thought that crossed my mind and I wondered what others think... Let's face it, the legend can not coach forever.. I dont know much about Gary or his character but what he did for TCU is outstanding to me..

plus it is the only way I can get rid of this annoying notification everytime I log in here telling me it is been ages since I posted anything.. ;)

http://espn.go.com/college-football...orned-frogs-wins-bear-bryant-coach-year-award

He's a great coach. What he's done with that program is awesome. I'd imagine he could win wherever he decides to go.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I don't have a favorite candidate. I do have a request, however. Hire someone who is a proven winner over a period of time. Alabama needs no more on the job training. OTJT is for Vandy and Kentucky, IMO>

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I'm not a huge Patterson fan, but one thing that really impresses me is that he has won with both strong offenses and strong defenses.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
His last three years are 7-6, 4-8, and 12-1. I'm not so sure that is Bama head coach material right there.
He was also transitioning into a new conference which has a different style of play than most of the others. One of those years I also think they lost two QBs (​So I guess he's no Urban). The dude can flat out coach, I'm not really sure that it is debatable.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I remember the board before we hired CNS. Lots of folks thought it would be Spurrier.

When the time comes to replace CNS it will be an epic discussion and many, many opinions.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
GP was Francheesy's DC at TCU before he came to Bama, correct? IIRC, TCU had some pretty stout defenses.
I will say I think this year more than any other (maybe it's just me), calls/non-calls had a bigger bearing on who played at the end of the year than ever before. TCU/Baylor, OSU/PSU are the ones that come to mind - there may be others - but TCU should have been in the playoffs; GP is a very good coach but IMO I don't think he will ever leave FW.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I also loved his attitude after his team got left out of the playoffs. No whining, no complaining, no lobbying in front of the microphone. He quietly gathered his team around and got ready to go back to work. (Unlike Art Briles.)

Baylor and TCU had two very different approaches to the bowl season. TCU focused on Ole Miss, and dismantled them. Baylor focused on getting left out of the playoffs and got beat by Michigan State. Patterson is exactly the type of coach I love. He doesn't focus on missed opportunities, he focuses on what's in front of him.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Not a bad choice, we could sure do a lot worse.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.