Link: Man Sells LSU Game-Worn Equipment on eBay & Goes to Jail Instead of Revealing Source

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Man Sells LSU Game-Worn Equipment on eBay & Goes to Jail Instead of Revealing Sou

THey said that it was a suspended LSU player recently... had rough sophomore slump this year...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Re: Man Sells LSU Game-Worn Equipment on eBay & Goes to Jail Instead of Revealing Sou

The report says the equipment belonged to the football team, which leases such apparel to players. The student-athletes aren’t allowed to give away or sell the gear.
I'm not saying this isn't true but it is odd. The team "leases" gloves and cleats to the players and then when they leave they get them back and "issue" them to another player? I don't think so...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I'm not saying this isn't true but it is odd. The team "leases" gloves and cleats to the players and then when they leave they get them back and "issue" them to another player? I don't think so...
Sounds like some sort of agreement that the school has entered into with the players to avoid the selling of this stuff / player suspensions from the NCAA. Total guess, though.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA

Well, they brought on Coach Orgeron. That could be one of his first tasks, to get to the bottom of this. He was the bastion of proper NCAA compliance while at Ole Miss, so I'm sure he could get to the bottom of it. :biggrin2:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Suspend all players with size 12 shoe. See if any of them will fall on the sword. It doesn't look that serious honestly, other players have paid far more back and gotten to play again.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

This is an odd statement. I see many times Bama players tossing wristbands and gloves into the stands as they re-enter the tunnel after a game. I know a kid who has 2 pair of gloves, one purportedly belong to Amari Cooper. What's to stop that stuff from ending up online? Could the school have found out about this and gotten the police involved to try and strong arm some info out of someone in order to get control on the situation before the toofless NCAA tries to do something?

Yes I have seen shoes flying into the stands after every home game
:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.