Link: Man Sells LSU Game-Worn Equipment on eBay & Goes to Jail Instead of Revealing Source

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Man Sells LSU Game-Worn Equipment on eBay & Goes to Jail Instead of Revealing Source

Click

A Baton Rouge shoe store employee recently told police he would rather go to jail than cooperate with authorities in an investigation into some official, game-worn LSU football equipment that recently was sold on eBay, LSU police said.

And go to jail he did.

A police officer contacted Fletcher Sanders, 25, after an investigation revealed that he was the seller of a pair of cleats and gloves advertised on eBay as having been worn during LSU’s thrilling upset win against the Ole Miss Rebels in October, according to a police report.

Sanders told police that he sold the gear for an LSU football player. But when an investigator asked Sanders to name the football player, Sanders clammed up, according to the report.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: Man Sells LSU Game-Worn Equipment on eBay & Goes to Jail Instead of Revealing Sou

So then put them on probation.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: Man Sells LSU Game-Worn Equipment on eBay & Goes to Jail Instead of Revealing Sou

So then put them on probation.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Or just tell them he was selling them for Kevin Steele......as part of his compensation for his new contract

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Wow! Those Baton Rouge cops are as tough as Tuscaloosa's PD. Wonder what would have happened in Auburn...

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO

I was confused about why the police were involved in this until I read that the equipment belongs to the school and not the student.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

If they're really interested, it shouldn't be too hard to determine who the student(s) is(are). There has to be a connection.....somebody doesn't go to jail for just anybody.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

If they're really interested, it shouldn't be too hard to determine who the student(s) is(are). There has to be a connection.....somebody doesn't go to jail for just anybody.
Not just seeing the connection between the seller and his pal, but should be easy to see how many cleats each player has been given and who doesn't have as many cleats.

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL

Not so fast, my friend.... are you saying that you wouldn't go to jail to keep the Bama program off NCAA probation (not just protect some specific player)?? What kind of fan are you??!!

This lack of dedication among our fan base makes me sick! Admins, revoke this "fans" Tidefans membership!!

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Could the items be from Leonard Fournette? I mean who else on that team would really need protected?

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

I was confused about why the police were involved in this until I read that the equipment belongs to the school and not the student.
This is an odd statement. I see many times Bama players tossing wristbands and gloves into the stands as they re-enter the tunnel after a game. I know a kid who has 2 pair of gloves, one purportedly belong to Amari Cooper. What's to stop that stuff from ending up online? Could the school have found out about this and gotten the police involved to try and strong arm some info out of someone in order to get control on the situation before the toofless NCAA tries to do something?

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

This is an odd statement. I see many times Bama players tossing wristbands and gloves into the stands as they re-enter the tunnel after a game. I know a kid who has 2 pair of gloves, one purportedly belong to Amari Cooper. What's to stop that stuff from ending up online? Could the school have found out about this and gotten the police involved to try and strong arm some info out of someone in order to get control on the situation before the toofless NCAA tries to do something?
Is it possible they were stolen? Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

*Just joking, actually I don't think this is a big deal.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Someone who cares more about their friends than themselves. How refreshing.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

Is it possible they were stolen? Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

*Just joking, actually I don't think this is a big deal.
I don't see the big deal either, unless the athlete profited from the sale. If the items were donated however, why should that be against either the law or NCAA regs?

I've got a game-worn jersey. Does someone need to go to jail for that?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Here's a screenshot of the items on eBay

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

Well if the shoe or cleat fits. [emoji11]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

On one hand, I kind of sympathize because I think this amatuer system is hostile to the athletes at times. He'll be taken care of no doubt. On the other hand, seems a heavy price to pay to subvert the legal and NCAA justice systems.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

I don't see the big deal either, unless the athlete profited from the sale. If the items were donated however, why should that be against either the law or NCAA regs?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

From his remarks, an athlete did profit...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.