"Hands Up! Don't Shoot!!!" Here's what it actually looks like...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
The officer was polite and above the call of duty. 24 years old way too young. Prayers for his family.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Very sad.....I think we've seen plenty of situations where cops go over the line in the performance of their duty but even so...I've always said it's a thankless job and most LEO's deserve a LOT of praise for doing what no one else wants to or is willing to do.

It's hard to blame cops nowadays for trying to protect themselves from the public at large when you see stuff like this.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
It really does give you a different perspective as to why cops often don't take chances when they think there is a gun involved. After all, most just want to be able to go home at the end of the day like the rest of us. And believe me, I know there are some whom I wouldn't trust with the responsibility, but the majority are salt of the earth IME.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It is easy to see how cops and military personnel in battle can easily "over react". Things happen so fast and decisions have to be made in a split second. Yet many sit back on the sidelines (armchair cops so to speak) and dissect every frame of their actions as if the cop had that advantage when dealing with the situation in real time.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.