Where Things Stand -- January 15, 2015

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Thanks, Mack. At OT, do we now move on to the Atlanta kid or to another position entirely?
We explained to Isaiah Prince what the numbers situation was and he was very understanding. He wants to be a part of this class. But the staff explained to him that Richmond and another kid where are your priorities. My personal belief is that Isaiah Prince is one heck of a fallback option if we need to go that route. I think we take at least one more tackle in this class.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
We explained to Isaiah Prince what the numbers situation was and he was very understanding. He wants to be a part of this class. But the staff explained to him that Richmond and another kid where are your priorities. My personal belief is that Isaiah Prince is one heck of a fallback option if we need to go that route. I think we take at least one more tackle in this class.
As stated, hope you`re right, Mack, and I`m wrong.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
Ray Ray isn't coming this weekend. He's visiting Clemson. Confirmed by his father.

The staff thinks we hold on to McGraw. Mainly because even though UGA is in his ear, his mom loves Bama.

Also..forget about Drew Richmond. Not happening.
I wonder why Saban spent the time at MUS yesterday. Maybe that since he was in Memphis "anyway". I also heard a report that we had 4 coaches at CeCe's house. I find it odd that we would exert that much effort for a kid that seems headed to Oxford. WMack, please do not take this as a flame, just a neophyte asking a question.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I wonder why Saban spent the time at MUS yesterday. Maybe that since he was in Memphis "anyway". I also heard a report that we had 4 coaches at CeCe's house. I find it odd that we would exert that much effort for a kid that seems headed to Oxford. WMack, please do not take this as a flame, just a neophyte asking a question.
The "not happening" isn't saying that we're not trying. We're putting on the full court press. We want him badly. But I'm saying, he's not coming to school here. He's going to Ole Miss. For reasons I won't discuss publicly

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I am of full belief Isaiah Prince will be the last OL in our class. I have thought that for the last month, and it holds true. Drew Richmond was always a long shot, especially considering the school we are recruiting against (enough said).

i think our numbers are going to work out to where he gets a spot, considering he "officially" lost Moton today (though everyone here has been shouting it for weeks) and Rico seems like he's out the door.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The "not happening" isn't saying that we're not trying. We're putting on the full court press. We want him badly. But I'm saying, he's not coming to school here. He's going to Ole Miss. For reasons I won't discuss publicly
Why Mack, you know the Grove is just a magical place! I can`t imagine why anyone wouldn`t want to go to Ole Miss (?)! (So blue it`s almost black font)

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
What am I missing? What is going on at Ole Miss? I heard a some rumors a few years ago.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
@TomVH Coach of #ESPN300 Alabama LB commit Joshua McMillon said he is visiting Michigan this weekend. Possibility of Oregon visit Jan. 30
McMillon has now cancelled his Michigan visit. He says he is sold with his decision and wants to respect the the coaching staff and university by not taking visits.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
McMillon has now cancelled his Michigan visit. He says he is sold with his decision and wants to respect the the coaching staff and university by not taking visits.
That's an extremely mature decision. I gotta be honest, if I'm a 4/5 star caliber athlete, I would take every official visit I could. The parties and girlies would make it very worth while.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here are projections for who will visit this weekend.

• Central-Tuscaloosa OL Lester Cotton has been a solid Alabama commit for nearly a year.
  • Columbus, Ga., DE Mekhi Brown has also visited Notre Dame and Louisville, but he's also a longtime Alabama commit.
  • Washington, D.C., OL Richie Petitbonconfirmed he's making the trip this weekend. He's a longtime solid commitment.
  • Florence LB Keaton Anderson, another longtime solid commit, is visiting.
  • Jefferson City, Mo., tight end Hale Hentges, who is being recruited by Missouri but is a solid commit, is visiting.
  • Hogansville, Ga., WR Terry Godwin, a 5-star recruit, is visiting. He visited Auburn last weekend and has been committed to Georgia for several months.
  • 5-star WR Calvin Ridley from Pompano Beach, Fla., is on the visit list. He has been committed to Alabama since last spring.
  • Another possible official visitor per multiple outlets is 5-star Alabama cornerbackKendall Sheffield from Missouri City, Texas, but his coach told AL.com Thursday that reports of a visit to Alabama are "news to him."

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Unless we can make some unexpected in-roads with Godwin, who I tend to believe is mainly just enjoying the process at this point, the key for this weekend will be re-affirming the commitment of guys in the fold who may possibly flip, notably Sheffield (if he makes the trip), Hentges, and Ridley.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
That's an extremely mature decision. I gotta be honest, if I'm a 4/5 star caliber athlete, I would take every official visit I could. The parties and girlies would make it very worth while.
I would like to know how the coaching staff handles these guys. If the policy is "You shop, we shop," it has to be unsettling when a supposedly serious commit wants to go on visits to our rivals, especially this close to Signing Day.
Then, look at McMillon's quote, or how Blake Barnett became a recruiter himself, and it makes me question how committed these other guys really are.:conf2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.