Where Things Stand -- January 15, 2015

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
To clarify, I suspect flip to teams that are not Alabama? If so, is one of them from the state of GA and the other from NJ? Or are we calling names?
As of right now...Montrell Custis and Rico McGraw are not expected in this class. Hearing that McGraw's mother loves Bama but that he has a great relationship with Coach Pruitt and wants UGA. At this moment, he is expected to be in UGA's class. Custis is looking around...he was supposed to visit Alabama this weekend but will take a trip to Ole Miss instead. He visited Kentucky last week and will visit Florida the weekend after this one. Also if he can get cleared academically expect Chidi Valentine-Okeke to be a member of this class despite Prince's commitment.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saw CVO canceled his visit to Tuscaloosa. Does that mean we end up getting Charlot and either Hill or Wheatley?

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Saw CVO canceled his visit to Tuscaloosa. Does that mean we end up getting Charlot and either Hill or Wheatley?
Chidi cancelling his visit had nothing to do with Prince's commitment. His visit was cancelled beforehand. The battle for CVO is a Bama/Au battle with Alabama having the edge. I have heard despite Prince's commitment today, if CVO can get cleared academically, expect him to be in this class. As of right now, I think we finish out with Charlot, CVO, and Hill/Cager.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
As of right now...Montrell Custis and Rico McGraw are not expected in this class. Hearing that McGraw's mother loves Bama but that he has a great relationship with Coach Pruitt and wants UGA. At this moment, he is expected to be in UGA's class. Custis is looking around...he was supposed to visit Alabama this weekend but will take a trip to Ole Miss instead. He visited Kentucky last week and will visit Florida the weekend after this one.
Where there is smoke there is fire, but as I believe Custis has known for awhile he is the odd man out of the DBs and probably will not take a Greyshirt (if that is what is offered) with other big offers out there. But I will wait on Rico, as I figure he is torn between Mama and both their love for Bama and his feelings for Jeremy Pruitt. It is going to be real hard for him to tell Pruitt no, but I believe he will in the end.

We know Pruitt can lie with the best of them, but he has had a relationship with Rico since Pruitt's days at Bama. It shouldnt be hard to sell Rico on the fact that Pruitt could jump the UGA ship at any moment, just look what he did to FSU and Bama. So if you are just going to UGA for Pruitt, you might be making the wrong decision. I am sure that has or will be pointed out to him. From all reports, Rico loves Bama overall...but really likes JP. Which one wins out?

You should choose a school over a coach, but that is not always the case.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Where there is smoke there is fire, but as I believe Custis has known for awhile he is the odd man out of the DBs and probably will not take a Greyshirt (if that is what is offered) with other big offers out there. But I will wait on Rico, as I figure he is torn between Mama and both their love for Bama and his feelings for Jeremy Pruitt. It is going to be real hard for him to tell Pruitt no, but I believe he will in the end.

We know Pruitt can lie with the best of them, but he has had a relationship with Rico since Pruitt's days at Bama. It shouldnt be hard to sell Rico on the fact that Pruitt could jump the UGA ship at any moment, just look what he did to FSU and Bama. So if you are just going to UGA for Pruitt, you might be making the wrong decision. I am sure that has or will be pointed out to him. From all reports, Rico loves Bama overall...but really likes JP. Which one wins out?

You should choose a school over a coach, but that is not always the case.
I totally agree with you, but we are talking about teenagers and at that age we didn't always make the best decisions. A lot of recruits go to a certain school because of a certain coach. I remember a few years back when current Bama staffer Tosh Lupoi was at Cal and he left for Washington, Cal had a top class with some elite talent, but when he left Cal's class imploded. Sometimes, certain coaches have a hold on a kid....think of Reuben Foster and Trooper Taylor....

Last edited:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
It seems to me that we are currently a bit thin at LB. Currently three are committed - Anderson, McMillon, and Thomas. Bell or Brown both carry less weight than what we usually see on our core DL; both listed under 220 lbs.

Are some of the DE group destined for LB? Maybe Clark from 2014 headed to LB from S?

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
It seems to me that we are currently a bit thin at LB. Currently three are committed - Anderson, McMillon, and Thomas. Bell or Brown both carry less weight than what we usually see on our core DL; both listed under 220 lbs.

Are some of the DE group destined for LB? Maybe Clark from 2014 headed to LB from S?
Brown and Bell are both linebackers. We have a total of five linebackers committed.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
At this moment, the word out is that Cager is 100% committed to Miami after his OV this weekend, but the staff will stay in contact with him just in case a spot comes open. Looks as if we will add Daylon Charlot back to the class and Kenny Hill when not if but WHEN another spots becomes available.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
At this moment, the word out is that Cager is 100% committed to Miami after his OV this weekend, but the staff will stay in contact with him just in case a spot comes open. Looks as if we will add Daylon Charlot back to the class and Kenny Hill when not if but WHEN another spots becomes available.
What other spot do you anticipate coming available?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Another spot opens when Custis decommits, right? Or should we suspect someone in addition to MC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.