Where Things Stand -- January 15, 2015

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
AlabamaIntel has a piece up with some updates on visitors from this past weekend. While Isaiah Prince isn't talking, his coach is and had some intriguing comments:

“His stepmom, his dad and his stepbrother, three or four members went down and hey really enjoyed it, they really liked it,” Green detailed. “He goes to Ohio State this weekend, then Maryland next weekend.

“They (Alabama) don’t know if they’re going to have any more scholarships, they have 27 commitments right now. I don’t know if they can guarantee that they’ll have anything available right now,” Green continued. “They were being truthful with him, they could have tried to get him to commit and accepted a commitment from him even if they didn’t have one and worked it out at the back end. So I appreciate Coach Saban and his staff for being up front and saying the situation that they’re in.

“The family didn’t know. Whether that would have affected him going, I doubt it. It would have been nice to know heading down, because he may have rearranged his visits, and gone there last. Either way, it served its purpose.”

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
AlabamaIntel has a piece up with some updates on visitors from this past weekend. While Isaiah Prince isn't talking, his coach is and had some intriguing comments:
Aren`t all indications pointing to him being a turtle (I know, technically incorrect)?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Aren`t all indications pointing to him being a turtle (I know, technically incorrect)?
Maryland is the apparent leader. That's not why I posted the quotes, though. Look at the number of commitments and how the coach seems to believe Bama won't be able to take IP.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I noticed the "27 commits" thing. I thought we only had 24 or 25. Interesting.
According to 247's list, Bama has 26 commits. That list includes TD Moton, though. He's not going to be apart of the class, which puts the number down to 25. If we include Bo in the class, the number goes back up to 26. IIRC, Bo and Taylor are going to be back counters to last year's class.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
we have 3 spots to back count.....Bo and Taylor are 2, add one of the early signees to make 3.

Moton has been long gone, don't expect Custis to sign with us, and Charlot told the staff he was signing with Bama.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
we have 3 spots to back count.....Bo and Taylor are 2, add one of the early signees to make 3.

Moton has been long gone, don't expect Custis to sign with us, and Charlot told the staff he was signing with Bama.
Add Rico to the 50/50 group. He has always like UGA and mostly Pruitt.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Don't we have to assume that we have at least one "surprise" commitment that will announce on signing day?
well, we just got one crystal ball for Isaiah Prince...I'd say that'd be a big surprise because no one else really thinks he is leaving Maryland.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There's no way we're able to get Iman on campus is there? Wouldn't complain if we lost Rico and gained Iman.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
There's no way we're able to get Iman on campus is there? Wouldn't complain if we lost Rico and gained Iman.
He has talked a few times about taking an official visit to Tuscaloosa, and it wouldn't be a shock if he does, but I don't think anyone really considers him a realistic target.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
I saw that. I was suprised.
I am too, considering Prince and his family were told by Coach Saban that Bama didnt have a scholarship to offer at this time due to having 27 commitments.....their comment not mine. SO I dont know the number of 27....but that would mean if Moton is truly gone,, that there is 2 silent commitments lingering (Charlot and ?)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Would the staff take Charlot and Hill/Cager/Davis if Custis goes elsewhere instead of trying to get another DB in this class?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.