Met a Bama gal last night

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Last night while on my way home from my last job I stopped to pick up some provisions at Winn Dixie. She was behind me in checkout and her milk came through after my last item had rolled through on the conveyor - and it was rung up. I wasn't paying attention but she caught it so back it came to her side and my tally was adjusted. I paid and went out to the parking lot to unload. As I finished and was pushing my cart to the closest cart corral I noticed an SUV right next to it with an Alabama "Roll Tide" decal on it and it happened to be the gal who was behind me at checkout so I popped my head around to her side and said "Roll Tide!"

We had a few minute conversation about football....Alabama, the playoff games, and at some point she asked who I pulled for and I mentioned Alabama - after the Gators (grin). She laughed and said her too - but in reverse order. She was attractive and very personable but what really got my knickers in a twitch was her Alabama accent....heavenly! If I lived in Alabama with all those beautiful ladies with those charming (if not disarming!) accents - I would go nuts! I don't know how you guys do it.

I didn't ask her name or where she was from because I didn't want to come off as some noob. Maybe I'll see here again and test the waters who knows.

BTW...she did say she was a freshman during Coach Bryant's last year and she has followed Bama football since she was a little girl.

And yes she was hawt and no I didn't take any photos...to preempt your anticipated replies to my post. Sorry - again didn't want to act like some 'prevert'.

EDIT: I almost forgot...the last thing she said to me is "Maybe next time I'll let you buy my milk." ;)

Made my day! :)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Last night while on my way home from my last job I stopped to pick up some provisions at Winn Dixie. She was behind me in checkout and her milk came through after my last item had rolled through on the conveyor - and it was rung up. I wasn't paying attention but she caught it so back it came to her side and my tally was adjusted. I paid and went out to the parking lot to unload. As I finished and was pushing my cart to the closest cart corral I noticed an SUV right next to it with an Alabama "Roll Tide" decal on it and it happened to be the gal who was behind me at checkout so I popped my head around to her side and said "Roll Tide!"

We had a few minute conversation about football....Alabama, the playoff games, and at some point she asked who I pulled for and I mentioned Alabama - after the Gators (grin). She laughed and said her too - but in reverse order. She was attractive and very personable but what really got my knickers in a twitch was her Alabama accent....heavenly! If I lived in Alabama with all those beautiful ladies with those charming (if not disarming!) accents - I would go nuts! I don't know how you guys do it.

I didn't ask her name or where she was from because I didn't want to come off as some noob. Maybe I'll see here again and test the waters who knows.

BTW...she did say she was a freshman during Coach Bryant's last year and she has followed Bama football since she was a little girl.

And yes she was hawt and no I didn't take any photos...to preempt your anticipated replies to my post. Sorry - again didn't want to act like some 'prevert'.

EDIT: I almost forgot...the last thing she said to me is "Maybe next time I'll let you buy my milk." ;)

for someone who grew up in 'bama, sometimes that charming accent can be a klaxon horn ;)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

She must not have been wearing pads...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Was this her? ;)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
That's why I love when we get storms up North, that is the first thing the women up North mention to me is my accent which is a heavy country accent. The wife (when we were together that is) always said I was a "country bumpkin". Only bad thing about the North though is I never seen many good looking women. Maybe I'm just used to Southern women?:biggrin:

Bazza you should have gotten that number, or shop at the grocery store every day until you run into her again;):biggrin2:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
That's why I love when we get storms up North, that is the first thing the women up North mention to me is my accent which is a heavy country accent. The wife (when we were together that is) always said I was a "country bumpkin". Only bad thing about the North though is I never seen many good looking women. Maybe I'm just used to Southern women?:biggrin:

Bazza you should have gotten that number, or shop at the grocery store every day until you run into her again;):biggrin2:
Yeah, the wife and I were in New York City back in the early 2000's. Every place we went I had people coming up to me wanting to hear me talk. They wanted to hear my accent. I told my wife I felt like a circus freak.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Bazz...if you see her again, ain't no need to "test" that water, trust me; it's suitable for a head-first dive. ;)

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Yeah, the wife and I were in New York City back in the early 2000's. Every place we went I had people coming up to me wanting to hear me talk. They wanted to hear my accent. I told my wife I felt like a circus freak.
I used to get that a lot when I lived in Florida. My Southern drawl is not that pronounced, I don' think - but I guess there are those that disagree. The first time a group of Cuban gals heard me say "I'm fixin' to..." they LOL'd. I was the genteel hick from that day on.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I used to get that a lot when I lived in Florida. My Southern drawl is not that pronounced, I don' think - but I guess there are those that disagree. The first time a group of Cuban gals heard me say "I'm fixin' to..." they LOL'd. I was the genteel hick from that day on.
I can speak Midwestern without an accent (when I have to). Indeed, I can speak German without an accent (when I have to)... :)

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Bazza, after you get run out of every grocery store in your city for "lurking" try the dog parks with your two cuties. maybe take the dogs into the store in a grocery cart. Service dogs? Great conversation starter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.