Teaser title explanation

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
OK, we've had a rash of teaser titles lately, and frankly, I'm tired of correcting people's mistakes when they're too lazy to read our policies, so here's you're last warning. Further 'teasers' will simply get deleted - if your thread gets deleted for being teaser, try again with a more detailed thread title.

An example of a teaser title: Coach Saban

No one seeing that title has any idea about what it's about, other than, presumably, coach Saban. We need more than that. Some folks still have limited access (we have military folks deployed that have VERY limited access but still come to TF.com, for example) and wasting time and data to see if thread is interesting to them or not is a big deal.

An example of a non-teaser title: Do you think Coach Saban will do what's needed to win Bama another championship?

Obvious what the thread is about. This is how is should be.

Teasers waste people's time (and in some cases, needed bandwidth) and are NOT allowed here. From now on we're nuking any teasers - taking time to correct people's laziness or lack of desire to follow board rules isn't something I care to deal with.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Threads titles with an ellipsis in them drive me nuts. That in itself usually implies a teaser because you've got no clue what the thread is about until you open it.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Thank you. It's maddening when you visit or lurk on other forums and nearly every thread topic is like a Forrest Gump box of chocolates.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
While we're at it, I hate the posts that include nothing but a link. Please at least quote a sentence or two from the linked article so we know whether its worth our time to open it or not. That saves "people's time (and in some cases, needed bandwidth)" too.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I think we've got a lot of noobs here lately -- that or just some posters who haven't posted in a while -- not a bad thing I suppose, if that's the case. So, maybe the warning was needed more so than normal. Thanks, CA!

B

BroadwayJoe777

While we're at it, I hate the posts that include nothing but a link. Please at least quote a sentence or two from the linked article so we know whether its worth our time to open it or not. That saves "people's time (and in some cases, needed bandwidth)" too.
Amen and amen.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Thank you based mods. The teaser title thing is really a pet peeve of mine. We all hate click bait, why would someone produce it?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.