Ohio St fans' letter praising Bama fans

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
This is what I like to see rather than smart arse punks talking trash on social media. If you lose you move on with class and don't offer up blame or excuses like the bunch from west Georgia.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
I was at the game and for the ones around us I can't say the same for their fan base. They were dropping f bombs left and right and I was glad there weren't any kids around. Loud and obnoxious. Funny it was noted in the article about our mascot, cause I had one of their fans ask me what it was and meant.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
This is what I like to see rather than smart arse punks talking trash on social media. If you lose you move on with class and don't offer up blame or excuses like the bunch from west Georgia.
I agree. Especially after the LSU teabagger, Updike, and the woman that tried to fight an Oklahoma fan made us look bad. I want nothing but good things said about our fan base.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
I was at the game and for the ones around us I can't say the same for their fan base. They were dropping f bombs left and right and I was glad there weren't any kids around. Loud and obnoxious. Funny it was noted in the article about our mascot, cause I had one of their fans ask me what it was and meant.
Trashy fans. Trashy players (see Bosa, more interested in trolling Oregon than enjoying their victory). It can only be concluded that the man leading the show is an equally trashy person.

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
It's great that our fan base at the game acted with class and dignity, but I sure wish we had won so that we could see if their fan base acted the same way.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
That was refreshing....not like a lot of fans are nowadays.
I love these kinds of stories but I'm realistic enough to know that it only takes one or two "bad" fans sitting near you to define the whole fan base.

Out of several thousand probably 30-40K at the Sugar Bowl this story could go either way.

I've seen more Bama fans that I appreciate, but I've seen many who were a total embarassment with their behaivor and language.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Like most fans bases that I have been exposed to, our traveling fans tend to behave pretty well. Our home fans are another story. They tend to be very loud and obnoxious, and don't take losing well.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Trashy fans. Trashy players (see Bosa, more interested in trolling Oregon than enjoying their victory). It can only be concluded that the man leading the show is an equally trashy person.
At least you have handled this loss with dignity.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
My experience with the traveling buckeyes in NOLA was, as one would expect, some good and some that went a long way toward meeting expectations of a fanbase being less than... gracious when winning. There was this one dude...

tftplisa

1st Team
Jul 11, 2003
North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA
I sat with my family in end zone and was intermingled. As soon as time expired my daughter congratulated Buckeyes in front of her. Really made her mother and I proud. My wife told several "congrats and good game" while exiting the stadium. We live in Cleveland and overall they've been OK. There are those who can't hold back. I do hope we meet again and get the chance to redeem ourselves.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I guess now days when you get thousands of people together you will see every good and bad example of life. I've gone to sporting events,rock concerts and even smaller venues and it seems like there's always some jackass acting a fool. Alcohol doesn't help. I will never understand why people spend a fortune on tickets, hotels, food and parking only to get so blitzed there is no way they enjoy the event!

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
At least you have handled this loss with dignity.
The better team won on that particular day. I would pay my respects to Ohio State but the behavior of your coach and some of the players at the end of the game and afterwards on social media left a bad taste in my mouth. Taking that cheap shot on the QB when the game was basically over was really low brow.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The better team won on that particular day. I would pay my respects to Ohio State but the behavior of your coach and some of the players at the end of the game and afterwards on social media left a bad taste in my mouth. Taking that cheap shot on the QB when the game was basically over was really low brow.
Look, I am not one to rub salt in wound but you have made excuses for your teams loss, even going so far as to blame the uniform choice for your poor play. And now you are making excuses for your behavior. If you want to believe that we have no class, I really don't care. But if you respond by exhibiting the same type of behavior, what does that say about you? Be the bigger man, even when it isn't easy - maybe especially when it isn't easy.

Congratulations to your school and team for making it to the big game again. It takes a lot to get that far, and it hurts to lose when you get there (OSU fans know this all too well). You have a very well coached team and your players and coaches all handled themselves with class and dignity. You will be back.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Congratulations to your school and team for making it to the big game again. It takes a lot to get that far, and it hurts to lose when you get there (OSU fans know this all too well). You have a very well coached team and your players and coaches all handled themselves with class and dignity. You will be back.
Congratulations on your win. You represent your team well. You've handled yourself better than I have. I apologize for the sour grapes. There's not much excuse for being so ill prepared and playing so poorly. Not to take anything away from your team's performance, but that was not the same team that played FSU and it was just embarrassing. It's hard to run up against such a dominant team and fall so short. Ohio St. deserves to be sitting on the throne.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I know you guys love this site. I also realize that it's unlikely you've found a similar site for your own teams. But do y'all think we want to read back and forth smack about Oregon and Ohio State?

I'm guessing that 90% of us don't care. The other 10 enjoy the tension with the hopes of a possible meltdown.....and ultimately, don't care about either of your teams either.

Isn't there a rivals site better suited for this stuff?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know you guys love this site. I also realize that it's unlikely you've found a similar site for your own teams. But do y'all think we want to read back and forth smack about Oregon and Ohio State?

I'm guessing that 90% of us don't care. The other 10 enjoy the tension with the hopes of a possible meltdown.....and ultimately, don't care about either of your teams either.

Isn't there a rivals site better suited for this stuff?
I generally talk very little OSU football here. I am here to talk Alabama football or football in general. Because of the playoffs, in which both Alabama and OSU participated, the two became one and the same for a while. But you are right - I'll tone down the OSU talk on TideFans. You all deserve that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.