Game Thread: ****Official Game Thread - Bama vs. UK****

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Truth is we never really had any chance to win this game- we have such a limited post game. Really becomes evident against a team like this.
You're right. Need to work the ball inside out. Got to get better around the basket. Can't just swing it around the perimeter and drain the shot clock then throw up bad shots.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
You're right. Need to work the ball inside out. Got to get better around the basket. Can't just swing it around the perimeter and drain the shot clock then throw up bad shots.
We don't have the post players to go inside -out. Not going to happen. Which is exactly why we run a 4-1 spread.

Last edited:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Those guys have got to develop more cause we have to be able to get the ball inside more to be successful. We are not a great perimeter shooting team.
Will not happen during the regular season. We don't have the size. Which is why we run the spread.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
You know guys, BOL actually has a thread where you can bash players and coaches for the perceived effort tonight. The truth is that we got "beat" and didn't "lose" this game. There is a difference. I'm recovering from a surgery and on pain meds. Not in the mood to go "back and forth" with the people that just drop in after the game to say "I told you so!"

BamaBuff24

1st Team
May 2, 2000
FWB, FL USA
1st 2nd
35 35 - 70
17 31 - 48

At least they played a closer game in the 2nd half. Kentucky was the better team with how many Mcdonald's all Americans?
I am not that worry about the rest of the season, I think we will be alright. It is Kentucky and the rest of college basketball.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I have no problem with the outcome. Bama is not a great team. UK is. No dishonor in getting spanked at home. Same as Bama football going into Commonwealth Stadium and whipping them.

Ive been critical of Grant and don't think he'll get it turned around, but this game isn't one I'll look back on and say, "That's why Grant got fired"

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Players are developed during the summer, teams during the winter.
Not bashing players/coaches... Just an observation and question. It seems as the season has progressed the Offense has regressed to that of last year with little motion and just swinging the ball with no penetration. Is that CAG limiting coach Witherspoon or do we just need more time in his system?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Not bashing players/coaches... Just an observation and question. It seems as the season has progressed the Offense has regressed to that of last year with little motion and just swinging the ball with no penetration. Is that CAG limiting coach Witherspoon or do we just need more time in his system?
When you're playing a spread, which we have to do due to lack of Post presence you've got to depend on passing and cutting. I saw a lot of Passing/screening and "not" cutting (Usually clogged today). You'll see us with a "4 out 1 in " most of the time and occasionally 5 out. Bottomline in those sets you have to shoot the ball well from the outside in order to free the cutter or the 1 in. The idea of the spread is depend on outside shooting and quickness cutting to the basket rather than height on the inside. You'll notice that the 1 in doesn't even go down to the "block", they hang out around the FT line. The idea is to get the ball there and then the 1 in either drives the ball to the basket or passes to another cutter. Kentucky played a smothering defense and we were just out manned today.

We can't go "inside out" (no matter how much the old timers want us too) because we don't have the post players down on the block. They are going to get stuffed!! We have to hit the outside jumpers!

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We clearly weren't the better team, but we made it easy for them. It didn't help that Uk got their usual home court officiating even on our court. I think they were called for a total of 13 fouls for the game.
We simply didn't compete or more to the point, we weren't close in talent. I honestly don't expect us to be comparable in talent, but we are not in the same universe. It appears CAG has gone back to his comfort zone with the same problems on offense we had last year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.