Lane Kiffin Confirms Return to Alabama

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Re: Lane Kiffin a candidate for 49ers OC job

I'm always a bit skeptical of anything from that site, but the numbers are probably correct. As has been noted above, signing a contract doesn't make one a slave. They can always be broken, if one is willing to pay the damages...
Of course, it's obvious contracts can be broken or bought out and it's more and more common it seems like...

I just wish an inability to honor a contract or keep one's word was seen as a detriment to coaching and leading young men. But for too many, doing so is no problem. That's just my opinion, I understand many will point out it is outdated.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

Of course, it's obvious contracts can be broken or bought out and it's more and more common it seems like...

I just wish an inability to honor a contract or keep one's word was seen as a detriment to coaching and leading young men. But for too many, doing so is no problem. That's just my opinion, I understand many will point out it is outdated.
My problem from a "Coach's View" is that contracts mean absolutely nothing from the University Standpoint either these days. So, it's a two way street!

NCTide

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2014

Where would we go from here as far as possible candidates?

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

I don't even want too comment on this article.When I don't know the Coaches personally.Because of my other thread will this offense evolve next year,it would throw us back another year.If it's real?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I hope he stays too, but I can see why he might want to be back out in Cali, especially if the Mrs. and kids and urging him to.

However, I would implore with all TideFans that if he accepts the position with the Niners we be much more gracious about his leaving than the UT fans.

It won't be the end the of the world if he goes and good luck to him.

But I hope to see another year or two with him to work with our qbs though.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Where would we go from here as far as possible candidates?
I'm sure Saban has a list but, Meachem from TCU, Tysun Helton at Western Ky, and Randy Sanders at FSU are 3 I'd look at... Sanders would probably benefit Coker as he knows his system.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I hope he stays cause I actually like the guy & think the players loves him..But..He's a "West Coast" guy, if that's what's best for him, and makes his wife happier..I can respect that & know Coach Saban will bring in another OC just as good & will do a great job with the QB's, and all the offensive talent on offense we have at Bama..

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

I don't care about the wife kids thing,he knew that coming in,if there still out there.That was a choice they made when he took the job.If this turns out to be something.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

What will happen, will happen and I trust CNS has a plan for this eventuality. I am more concerned with major improvements in the defense.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

However, I would implore with all TideFans that if he accepts the position with the Niners we be much more gracious about his leaving than the UT fans.
Probably safe to say most here knew this was not a long-term arrangement. And surprised when he showed up. Some were really against it, a lot were willing to give it a shot. Seems to be working out ok.

Will probably all come down to does CLK think he has image has been sufficiently cleaned up, so that he can head back home.

The most interesting thing I have seen is Warmack is sold on CMC. Very telling. Maybe the OL hasn't been up to our expectations due to what coach had to work with, rather than coach. This year will probably tell us.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

At $600k he definitely deserves a raise. If Cam Cameron is worth $1.3 mil Lane should make at least $900k to a cool mil. If they think he is a good coach at least don't let him leave to make another $500k some where else. Think about that Cam Cameron is making twice what Lane is making.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

Probably safe to say most here knew this was not a long-term arrangement. And surprised when he showed up. Some were really against it, a lot were willing to give it a shot. Seems to be working out ok.

Will probably all come down to does CLK think he has image has been sufficiently cleaned up, so that he can head back home.

The most interesting thing I have seen is Warmack is sold on CMC. Very telling. Maybe the OL hasn't been up to our expectations due to what coach had to work with, rather than coach. This year will probably tell us.
I'm sure the decision was made it would be made for more than a year.When we start having coaches jumping around at a whim.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Sabans name may have helped<but he hasn't proved anything yet.I want to see the final body of work completed.
I would agree with Mystical that as an OC what more can he show?

Did it with a qb that nobody gave a chance 6 months ago too.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Does Lane really want to go back into the NFL? I don't think so.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.