Bryant - His way or the highway, A+
Perkins - arrogant, C-
Curry - mediocre, B-
Stallings - His way or the highway, A
Dubose - Cheerleader, D
Franchione - Snake oil salesman, C
Shula - Clueless, F
Saban - His way or the highway, A+

Kiffin, hopefully he is doing on the job training for HC.
Of the coaches who left (mostly) of their own accord, I believe either Coach Perkins or Coach Curry could have had a long, successful run as our HC if either had been able to fully embrace the job.

Coach Perkins was just too restless professionally to stay in one place very long during the prime of his career, though he was certainly stocking the Tide with some serious talent before he left. He had the toughest act to follow, didn't handle everything in the best way, and never got comfortable in the job.

Coach Curry simply didn't have thick enough skin. 'Nuff said.

Fran could've gotten a long-term financial commitment out of the University had he wanted to stay, and I'm convinced he would've done "more with less" throughout the sanctions periods, but I don't think he could have recruited or managed the athletes need to win championships in the SEC, and his tenure would have ended just as it did at A&M. He's a mid-major or lower division coach, pure and simple.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I've always wondered how Mike Price would have done if he had of controlled his debauchery. His emphasis on the passing offense would have certainly given Bama a different look.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I've always wondered how Mike Price would have done if he had of controlled his debauchery. His emphasis on the passing offense would have certainly given Bama a different look.
I believe Price would have had an up and down career at Alabama. 10-2 followed by 5-7 or 6-6 then a 9-3. He would never have won an SECC.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Hey, for what it's worth, 49ers didn't get Chudzinski. Colts just named him as associate head coach with them... Wow... I kinda feel bad for 49ers... striking out on almost every candidates...

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Hey, for what it's worth, 49ers didn't get Chudzinski. Colts just named him as associate head coach with them... Wow... I kinda feel bad for 49ers... striking out on almost every candidates...
I blame on the front office, particularly Jed York and Trent Baalke. They thought that A) Harbaugh was replaceable and B) people hated him and his people as much as they didn't like how he did things. Let me kind of re-phrase that: they didn't like it that Harbaugh was getting all of the credit for turning around the team, and they didn't get any of it. Furthermore, the word is out that the 49ers ownership doesn't want to spend money on assistant coaches. Why leave their current jobs if they're not going to be paid as much? It's tragic how arrogant the front office has been in all of this.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I blame on the front office, particularly Jed York and Trent Baalke. They thought that A) Harbaugh was replaceable and B) people hated him and his people as much as they didn't like how he did things. Let me kind of re-phrase that: they didn't like it that Harbaugh was getting all of the credit for turning around the team, and they didn't get any of it. Furthermore, the word is out that the 49ers ownership doesn't want to spend money on assistant coaches. Why leave their current jobs if they're not going to be paid as much? It's tragic how arrogant the front office has been in all of this.
The 49ers haven't been right since the Yorks wrestled control away from Eddie Jr. Jed isn't qualified to run the organization and Baalke has sold him a bag of goods. Sadly you can't fire owners.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
What's even worse is that they went through all troubles..struck out on every single candidates they wanted, and yet they settled on in house candidates.. Chryst....I promise you, rest of NFL GMs are laughing at them right now.
The 49ers haven't been right since the Yorks wrestled control away from Eddie Jr. Jed isn't qualified to run the organization and Baalke has sold him a bag of goods. Sadly you can't fire owners.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.