Lane Kiffin Confirms Return to Alabama

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Re: Lane Kiffin a candidate for 49ers OC job

I would agree with Mystical that as an OC what more can he show?

Did it with a qb that nobody gave a chance 6 months ago too.
Yes he did a good job with Blake agreed,but why do you think he was on the sidelines.This offense put up numbers,but as I said I want to see the complete body of work with this offense.I have said before Drake going down was a killer,throwing too Coop all the time tells me something maybe Blake didn't see the whole field well.Whatever it was,this offense was limited.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I don't care about the wife kids thing,he knew that coming in,if there still out there.That was a choice they made when he took the job.If this turns out to be something.
Really?! A man has to make choices that best help his family and career. Period. Schools do the same regarding their own interests. I have no qualm with a man putting his family first. In fact, it would be refreshing.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

Really?! A man has to make choices that best help his family and career. Period. Schools do the same regarding their own interests. I have no qualm with a man putting his family first. In fact, it would be refreshing.
Bingo!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I swear we as Bama fans can make a skyline of mountains out of a piece of gravel. There is pretty much NO real reputable story to substantiate all this worry.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I guess I've never understood why people see a contract as some sort of sacred document. A contract sets out the expectations for both sides over the term of the contract. It's not an indentured servitude agreement. If it were, there'd be no need for buyout clauses and the like. A five year contract isn't a promise to stay for five years. It's a description of what the next five years will be like if you stay. Personally, I've never been in a job where, if I was offered a better opportunity that paid me more, advanced my career, and was better for my family, I wouldn't take the offer.
Bingo. And rarely do we castigate the schools when they fire a coach.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

All of the new sources has said nothing about Kiffin being interested in the job. If you noticed in the last weeks, the candidates have expressed interests in the job via source and usually would fly to do interview....Kiffin did neither. No way he does phone interview or has time to do that with recruiting weekend....
No doubt. The thing is though, the ESPN says nothing about Kiffin's interest in the job.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

The thread says he is a candidate...not that he is considering/leaving/wanting the job. The ESPN story cites sources to Adam Schefter (one of the MOST reliable NFL insiders) that they have interest in him. That, to me, is the discussion. No one has said he was leaving, afaik, just discussing the story.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I get that, but I"m just saying this seems like one sided story.... Normally, From what I've seen, you would see both side making an effort... This whole thing feels like speculation or Sexton's plot to get Kiffin a raise at Alabama.... Both seems weird angle to me...
The thread says he is a candidate...not that he is considering/leaving/wanting the job. The ESPN story cites sources to Adam Schefter (one of the MOST reliable NFL insiders) that they have interest in him. That, to me, is the discussion. No one has said he was leaving, afaik, just discussing the story.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Schefter is just another mouthpiece for the NFL administration, franchise front offices, and agents.

Such is the life when you're tasked with getting scoops on a professional sports organization. He could be getting played by Sexton

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.