Lane Kiffin Confirms Return to Alabama

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Re: Lane Kiffin a candidate for 49ers OC job

Doesn't Kiffin have an upscale house in Hollywood or Beverly Hills? Maybe it just hasn't sold. That is not a place where your average family strolls in and pays a few million for a home.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Somehow I get this feeling that Lane Kiffin's wife doesn't take orders on where to go and what sammich to make and when to make it.
I "kind-uh" thought that as well. Most women that look like her (yes I'm grossly stereotyping) and lives the type lifestyle she has usually doesn't "take orders".

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I "kind-uh" thought that as well. Most women that look like her (yes I'm grossly stereotyping) and lives the type lifestyle she has usually doesn't "take orders".
Think about it for a minute. She hated Tennessee....that's why he bolted. I think lane would've stayed at Tennessee If it had not for her....remember the Raider mess... the job he had issues with were in a place Mrs. Kiffin wouldn't be happy....USC...she s happy..but was Kiffin happy? I honestly think this has Layla footprint all over the mess right now.....

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

Think about it for a minute. She hated Tennessee....that's why he bolted. I think lane would've stayed at Tennessee If it had not for her....remember the Raider mess... the job he had issues with were in a place Mrs. Kiffin wouldn't be happy....USC...she s happy..but was Kiffin happy? I honestly think this has Layla footprint all over the mess right now.....
Well I hope not. Because Lane is in a great position to completely resurrect his career. If he stays for three years, keeps his nose clean and keeps putting up big time numbers with our offense. He'll more than likely have more than a few HC'ng options at good places.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Considering Kiffin has already made 20+ million dollars as a head coach, well, that doesn't fit. "Take the money and run" implies that you didn't have the money to start with. Outside of Nick Saban, he's probably the wealthiest coach in post-Bryant UA football history.

Whatever his decision, money isn't the driving factor at this point.
Money is just another way of keeping score. If money wasn't important, how do you think he, or any coach, would feel about taking a 50% cut after making millions already.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

Money is just another way of keeping score. If money wasn't important, how do you think he, or any coach, would feel about taking a 50% cut after making millions already.
I've found for most people with money (like REAL money), how much they've already made means absolutely nothing when it comes to them wanting more or being content. They almost ALWAYS want more. Granted there are some exceptions. But for the most part, it is "more".

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

This is news to me. I'm hoping there's some legitimate reason that he did not move them there and that has already been worked out between he and Coach Saban.
You shouldn't read too much into that, because it's not all of that unusual. Assistants by their very nature bounce around so much that it's pretty routine for the family to stay in one place and the coach to work elsewhere.

Take Orgeron for example. When he was at USC, he spent those years living in a hotel, and his family lived back in Mandeville, Louisiana. It sounds crazy -- well, it is pretty crazy -- but that's just the coaching life.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Well I hope not. Because Lane is in a great position to completely resurrect his career. If he stays for three years, keeps his nose clean and keeps putting up big time numbers with our offense. He'll more than likely have more than a few HC'ng options at good places.
If he stays one more year, better opportunities and it would be wise for him..... for him to wanting to go...tells me something isn't all right with him and wife.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN

TOTALLY WRONG!!! Layla loved Tennessee and is a "Southern Girl". Lane left Knoxville, not Layla. She has a reputation in Manhattan Beach as a "normal" Mom who takes care of her kids personally. No nannies for her. They actually named their son Knox (Knoxville). Whether or not Lane goes anywhere will not be influenced one bit by Layla. For those that don't know they did sell their house in Manhattan Beach to Vince Vaughn.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

TOTALLY WRONG!!! Layla loved Tennessee and is a "Southern Girl". Lane left Knoxville, not Layla. She has a reputation in Manhattan Beach as a "normal" Mom who takes care of her kids personally. No nannies for her. They actually named their son Knox (Knoxville). Whether or not Lane goes anywhere will not be influenced one bit by Layla. For those that don't know they did sell their house in Manhattan Beach to Vince Vaughn.
Then why she didn't move down here... why haven't she done it ? What I said was based on my assumptions....

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Woody McCorvey or Neil Callaway which is about as ridiculous as blaming Layla Kiffin. I would prefer a white helmet or no names on the back of the jerseys thread.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

One reason I think he'll stay is common sense. If he looks at the 49'ers offensive roster seriously, he'll se a QB with great legs who can't really throw that well, running backs that are getting up in years, a tight end(Vernon Davis) who is getting older, slower, and less productive each year, and wideouts that are as well, with the exception of Crabtree. This job opportunity isn't nearly as attractive as it was five or six years ago. As a matter of fact it's not attactive at all in my opinion.
Think of this--Jim Harbaugh reached a point where he couldn't win there. I think he's a way better coach than the new guy.
It just seems to me the 49ers are basically going to have to rebuild. If I were Coach K. that would scare me a bit.
sip

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Getting into their personal lives now are we?
Exactly. There are many reasons a wife might "stay behind" for a year - from the marriage isn't working to the kids are doing so well at this school to Jr needs medical attention at this facility and so on and so forth. The Kiffins' living arrangements and the reasons for them are none of our business, IMHO. This kind of discussion is just the sort of thing that is unsettling to me and would be more so were it my life being debated. I live my life for me and mine. I'm sure CLK and his wife feel the same.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.