Lane Kiffin Confirms Return to Alabama

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Re: Lane Kiffin a candidate for 49ers OC job

Remember Kiffin saying he would pay Bama just to coach under Saban. I think now's a good time to cut his pay to about $500,000. Save a few bucks.
No!!! If anything lets give him a raise to stay. If we lose Kiffin, then we might as well label 2015 another "rebuilding" year if our defense doesnt pan out, because 3 years with 3 different qbs and offensive coordinators is just plain crazy.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/20/7862927/geep-chryst-on-bears-offensive-coordinator-radar
Here's what I found interesting:

Rod Chudzinski is being sought after 49ers and the Bears... But, Geep Chryst, QB coach for 49ers right now is rumored
to be on radar for their vacant OC Job. IT sounds like there's lot of mess going on in 49ers office...

You would think Adam Gase would've had OC jobs by now... so It got me to thinking for a minute...
If Kiffin left, do we end up getting Adam Gase, since he's having trouble finding jobsand etc?

What If Chryst Goes to Bears, Chudzinski goes to the 49ers...
What If Chudzinski takes the BEars Job, Kiffin goes to 49ers...

I'm seeing that Bears will meet with Gase Tomorrow with Gase, and if offered
That would pretty much limit Chudzinski's option and be forced to take the 49ers.....

Now, If Kiffin was interested, we would've heard about the Kiffin's interview through NFL reports...

Something tells me He's not going anywhere... unless Chudzinski screws up the interview today. LOL

Not worried, Just thinking too hard.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Trent Baalke, the GM of the 49ers is in Mobile evaluating players at the Senior Bowl. No word on whether Tomsula is coming. Was Chudzinski interviewed today?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I agree,the reason for the post was just what it is reading material,but he didn't really make a statement about it.So I thought I would post it.
Its all good man, I just hate they took that angle to push speculation instead of actually taking time to do some research and reporting. Sometimes the best thing in a scenario is when there is no news is not to report anything at all. They did the same thing with the story about the recruit of of New Jersey. The reporter asked questions mostly about FSU and wrote the article to make it seem at the time that he was interested in FSU more than he was.

Back on topic though, the guy is still the OC at The University of Alabama and thats all that matters.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Getting the feeling Sexton just got a payday out of this "story"

Because Kiffin is making the same amount of money this year unless someone offers him over 5 mil.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Personally, I think it would be a big mistake (on his part) for Kiffin to take any NFL job. There is a huge difference between trying to teach/ shape young minds and bodies, and trying to make professional football players listen to someone who is in some cases younger than the players and who also makes a lot less money. CLK wouldn't be appreciated there, he wouldn't be happy there, and I think he'd discover that in a short time before he high-tailed it back to the college fb scene where he can truly make a difference. The only difference is he'd wind up at another school where another team would reap the benefits of his knowledge.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013

He might take an NFL job, highly doubt it's the 49ers though.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

There aren't that many NFL OC Jobs opening at right now. San Francisco 49ers: Colts will not grant permission to speak with Rob Chudzinski. Who’s next on the list is the mystery. No one knows…
St. Louis Rams: They have striked out twice with trying to find the right OC.
Adam Gase has interviewed for HC and OC jobs and he hasn’t landed a job yet because it was rumored he came off as cocky in the interviews and it cost him 49ers HC job. So, I doubt 49ers would try and get Gase for OC Job… Rams will try though.

That’s why we should be concerned about Kiffin getting interview for the 49ers job…. Because those are the only OC jobs opening right now and it’s not looking good for either of them. Desperate hire is needed. Gase will probably land with Rams, but I just don’t know about 49ers.. they’ve botched this from the day one….

He might take an NFL job, highly doubt it's the 49ers though.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013

With Coach Saban being non-committal on whether Kiffin was coming back or not says something.
I agree, but I keep reading how the 49ers is a mess right now. So I'm assuming it wouldn't be the best idea to go there, especially with his reputation of not being able to stay with a team for any length of time.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I agree, but I keep reading how the 49ers is a mess right now. So I'm assuming it wouldn't be the best idea to go there, especially with his reputation of not being able to stay with a team for any length of time.
For his sake, I would hope that he would steer clear of the SF job for that reason, but quite frankly Kiffin has a very long history now of jumping at either bad jobs (Oakland) and otherwise good jobs mired in bad situations (Tennessee and USC).

Can't blame him the least if he wants to go back to the west coast or the NFL -- I certainly wouldn't want to be that far away from my wife and kids, nor could I stomach all that the modern recruiting circus entails -- but he needs to find a good destination, and the Niners are the exact opposite of that at the moment.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

There aren't that many NFL OC Jobs opening at right now. San Francisco 49ers: Colts will not grant permission to speak with Rob Chudzinski. Who’s next on the list is the mystery. No one knows…
St. Louis Rams: They have striked out twice with trying to find the right OC.
Adam Gase has interviewed for HC and OC jobs and he hasn’t landed a job yet because it was rumored he came off as cocky in the interviews and it cost him 49ers HC job. So, I doubt 49ers would try and get Gase for OC Job… Rams will try though.
Nothing officially but there is quite of bit of noise about Gase becoming the Bears next OC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.