Lane Kiffin Confirms Return to Alabama

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: Lane Kiffin a candidate for 49ers OC job

Honestly, I'm on the fence. While I love Kiffin and his multi dimensional offensive system, I wont shed any tears if he left and Saban brought in a ground and pound OC to replace him.

I miss ball control power football. I used to love watching our team make defenses tap out.
You do understand that while Kiffin's strength is getting the ball to his playmakers, we do not have the capability, for whatever reason, to dominate the line of scrimmage with our offensive line. The myriad of theories have been discussed ad nauseam in threads around this board, but the fact is we are not winning the one on one matchup up front to be able to dictate a "ground and pound" approach offensively.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Honestly, I'm on the fence. While I love Kiffin and his multi dimensional offensive system, I wont shed any tears if he left and Saban brought in a ground and pound OC to replace him.

I miss ball control power football. I used to love watching our team make defenses tap out.
I had two kidney stones at the same time and didn't whimper, but I may shed a few tears if Kiffin leaves.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

Has Kiffin actually even interviewed for the job?Like others have said the media is doing more than their fair share of keeping the talk up about this, and of course with it being the home stretch of recruiting just keeps the pot stirring.

Last edited by a moderator:

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007

So kiffin is out recruiting and saying that the 49rs is a good job but bama is better, come and sign with us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

You do understand that while Kiffin's strength is getting the ball to his playmakers, we do not have the capability, for whatever reason, to dominate the line of scrimmage with our offensive line. The myriad of theories have been discussed ad nauseam in threads around this board, but the fact is we are not winning the one on one matchup up front to be able to dictate a "ground and pound" approach offensively.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Maybe its recruiting? Or just how the chips fell for this current OL we have? It was discussed during games by the announcers that our current OL is better at pass protecting than run blocking. I saw the same thing too watching us over the season.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL

I'm going on the last word from Coach Kiffin when he said he would be back at Alabama next year. We know he's not allowed to give press conferences so how is he going to say one way or the other. We know Coach Saban seldom addresses rumors anyway so I think the same extends to his staff. I am certainly on the side that wants to see Kiffin back next year and hopefully even for a time after that.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Not that it really matters to CNS or CLK what we all think, but I think that if CLK were to stay at UA with CNS for 3-4 years as OC, and provided of course that his offenses were dynamic and productive, there would be very few opportunities to which CLK could not avail himself of.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I may be in the vast vast minority but I think this "silence" is because there's no substance at all to the "rumor" and Kiffin feels no responsibility to address it. He's too busy recruiting.
I'll say it again, I don't think the 49er's OC job is attractive at all. As a matter of fact, with the volatility of the NFL, I wouldn't touch it.
You have a QB who can run like a deer but isn't a great passer, a tailback, in Gore, who's getting older, Bolden at Wideout, who's getting older, Davis at Tight End, who's getting older.
Again, I may be totally wrong, but I don't think there's any interest at all in the Kiffin camp.
I totally agree Sip. I am not a fan of professional football so obviously OC at Alabama is light years ahead of the same position in the NFL unless there is a huge disparity in compensation. As fans we have to learn patience.......never mind. If he leaves we thank him for his efforts, we wish him well and move on.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I totally agree Sip. I am not a fan of professional football so obviously OC at Alabama is light years ahead of the same position in the NFL unless there is a huge disparity in compensation.
As of a few years ago the average salary for an NFL OC is just over $400k, which is almost $300k less than CLK is making at Bama. No idea what it is now but I doubt it's much more than CLK is getting.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, if Lane is leaving he is waiting till after NSD so this recruiting class doesn't get shaken up here at the end..

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.