Lane Kiffin Confirms Return to Alabama

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
From the "media" reports, I thought he was gone. So much for the "media."
Glad to have Kiffy back!
I have known the media can not be trusted in the past few years when everybody is trying to be the first to break something and they report whatever they hear without fact checking or having reliable sources. Even world stories by national reporters can not be trusted until several days after they start reporting a story due to this.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I do think, unless he brings the wife and kids over, this will probably be the last year. If he moves them and buys a house, then there may be a good chance of a third year...

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I do think, unless he brings the wife and kids over, this will probably be the last year. If he moves them and buys a house, then there may be a good chance of a third year...
This is what I've thought would be the case all along. There's no secret CLK wants to be a HC again, and I think another year like this will put enough distance between the USCw stuff that he will probably get another shot at a decent after next year.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I'm hoping he stays around beyond 2015. I'd like to see what he can do with Blake Barnet.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I'd be fine if he did give us a third year, then left for a HC gig at a non power 5 school for 2 or 3 years, prove he learned from Saban, and then come back when Saban retires....

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This is what I've thought would be the case all along. There's no secret CLK wants to be a HC again, and I think another year like this will put enough distance between the USCw stuff that he will probably get another shot at a decent after next year.
I think a lot depends on what openings come up next year. I don't think he'd be adverse to a third year, if the pickings were slim next year. I still think where his family is will play a big part. I feel for his wife. She's had to be a gypsy so far, but that's true of a lot of wives of young coaches...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'd be fine if he did give us a third year, then left for a HC gig at a non power 5 school for 2 or 3 years, prove he learned from Saban, and then come back when Saban retires....
Not so long ago, I would have poo-pooed that scenario, but, now, I'm not too sure. He's matured enough that I could see him as a real possibility...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think a lot depends on what openings come up next year. I don't think he'd be adverse to a third year, if the pickings were slim next year. I still think where his family is will play a big part. I feel for his wife. She's had to be a gypsy so far, but that's true of a lot of wives of young coaches...
Not just coaches wives, believe me Earle. Anybody in high profile senior level positions in volatile, changable fields is subject to becoming a vagabond. I know and so does my wife!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Remember Earle we have to work on the "Kiffen" censor right away. I imagine things will get crazy now that he's announced he is staying.:biggrin2:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
By saying he's coming back, he's putting himself in a good position for future HC jobs. Glad he's coming back, Great to see what kind of coach will he be after working under CNS forone year.. Will he go back to the press box or stay on sideline? Will he adjust his offense? Will he finally learn to balance his offense? Lot of great question to look for answers.

bamapair

3rd Team
Dec 15, 2005
Sheffield, AL
Re: Lane Kiffin a candidate for 49ers OC job

Well, I searched the Tuscaloosa County deed records from 4/1/14 through today and I found no deeds to Kiffin...
This could well be another lesson he learned from Coach Saban. As you probably know, Coach Saban's deed is not in his name.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Finally! I know longer have to see "Lane Kiffin a candidate for 49ers OC job" thread title at the top of the thread list every time I open up the Football forum.:cool:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Wait.. not so fast.. My source said that.. Kiffin may ................... just throw up touchdown signal every game next year..... with Alabama!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.