Lane Kiffin Confirms Return to Alabama

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Re: Lane Kiffin a candidate for 49ers OC job

I'd hate to see him go. I'm definitely not any kind of NFL expert, but Jim Tomsula seems like a trainwreck waiting to happen. I don't think the guy is ready for prime time on either a personal or professional level. On the plus side, he gives a hilariously awkward interview:

http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/16/jim-tomsula-needs-to-work-on-his-interview-game/

He'd be a great compliment to Miles and Orgeron at LSU.

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida

I'd hate to see him go. I'm definitely not any kind of NFL expert, but Jim Tomsula seems like a trainwreck waiting to happen. I don't think the guy is ready for prime time on either a personal or professional level. On the plus side, he gives a hilariously awkward interview:

http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/16/jim-tomsula-needs-to-work-on-his-interview-game/

That was painful to watch.....:conf3:

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010

I believe lanes contract this year would prevent him from leaving. I really expect kiffin to be able to direct an offense more suitable to his and the schools needs. whatever, qb that starts will not have the same problems as blake sims. it is really hard for a 5ft 11inch qb to see over he big guys down field. and I think eventually if you have to roll out to complete a pass to your fav receiver, all everything cooper, it leaves a weakness that eventually a sound team well coached, excellent talent, and time to plan for a defense will exploit. he will have solid running backs, I believe a even better offensive line, large contingent of receivers. only concern to me on offense is the tight end, fowler replacement. I think lane will shine with a full complement of talent at the majority of positions.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I don't know, I think Lane is sincere in his statements that he wants to learn as much as he can from coach while he is at Alabama. Chances are he stays a couple of more years then heads to another head coaching job armed with a renewed approach and demeanor. I just have not seen any signs that he is unsatisfied in Tuscaloosa. He certainly does not need the money.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

I hope he stays. If he decides that this is right for his family then he should do what is right for them. I have no problems with coaches breaking contracts anymore since universities don't have any loyalty to contracts and sometimes fire at will. Do what's best for you Lane and if you leave, thanks for a great year!

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Kiffykins, pls no. We just started liking you. Baby, please don't go. We can make this work..

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com

I hope he stays and just thrills me to see so many of you wanting him to stay as well. I'm hoping he knows he is still so young and has so much football left. Taking another year or two with the QB's coming in and hanging with coach Saban and Smart would be huge. Right now it seems he has this job offer, if he plays his cards right in the next few, he will have 10 offers and most of those will be head coaching jobs. Stay coach Kiffin.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013

Nah, Tomsula will do well. He is the most loved coach on the 49ers. Players will play hard for him. All he needs is a good OC, his defense should be good. I've been a fan of his for a while now, I hope he does very well. BLUDGEON!!!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I thought I read somewhere that his wife and family never moved to Alabama...stayed in Cali.

Hope it's not true, but wouldn't surprise me based on the above.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

Overall Kiffin did a great job this past season, but we are not the mean, nasty team that can shove the ball down the other teams throat. We don't have the running game that we've had in the past. Of course we are not as good in the offensive line as we've been in the past which is certainly a contributing factor to not being as good in the running game.

I would definitely like to see Kiffin stay a couple of more years. I would love to see him work with Blake Barnett. Somehow if the man at the top stays I think we will be just fine.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

THis is purely speculation created by Mercury newspaper... I noticed the key word that's being retweeted all over twitter. " Might" and " possibly" I checked several legitimate sites, espn, coachingsearch.com, verified reporters on twitter and on fb, no one is reporting this. It sounds like the reporters were throwing out the names... kinda like the Gus to 49ers story... remember?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

THis is purely speculation created by Mercury newspaper... I noticed the key word that's being retweeted all over twitter. " Might" and " possibly" I checked several legitimate sites, espn, coachingsearch.com, verified reporters on twitter and on fb, no one is reporting this. It sounds like the reporters were throwing out the names... kinda like the Gus to 49ers story... remember?
So it's a ..... "rumor"?

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

The reporter cites a "league source." Of course, we don't know the identity of the source or if their is any validity in their statement. Every year at recruiting time there are articles, which later prove to have no substance, and whose goal seems to be to hurt Bama's recruiting efforts.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

The reporter cites a "league source." Of course, we don't know the identity of the source or if their is any validity in their statement. Every year at recruiting time there are articles, which later prove to have no substance, and whose goal seems to be to hurt Bama's recruiting efforts.

source definition = my brother's neighbor's cousin's bartender heard from some guy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.