Altee Tenpenny and Malcolm Faciane No Longer With 'Bama Football Team

gohogs14

Suspended
Jan 27, 2012
Re: Tenpenny no longer with the team.

You can tell Broyles isn't the AD., he would welcome him back if there were no issues. If CBB had more self-esteem he wouldn't need to create such a rule. What a tool! However I could see him at ASU.

I can see the recruiting pitch. Son, if you don't come to Arkansas you can forget about returning to the state . I'd send my kid somewhere else just for spite!
It was a little like that before BB got here though. You should have seen the reception Archie Goodwin got when Kentucky came to Fayetteville to play. Booed every time he got the ball, and that was just for basketball. They also chanted traitor at him.

Keep in mind we don't have an in-state rival like you guys do so it would be like if Alabama and Auburn were one school (blasphemy I know lol) and if the state of Alabama didn't produce that many 5*s but the ones that they did decided to go to LSU or something. I guess you guys saw how they acted with Landon Collins though but they have plenty of talent to make up for it unlike us.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Re: Tenpenny and Faciane no longer with the team

I used to live and play in Jacksonville, AR. when Holtz was coaching and there was plenty of talent at that time, especially coming out of Little Rock And West Memphis. It's not the fans, it's the University.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I wish Altee the very best. He has always been a very polite young man. I thought the Arkansas game would be the perfect time for him to begin to make the move up the chart. We had just lost Kenyan the week before to injury. He was really hoping for a big game that night in Fayetteville. It didn't happen and except for mop-up duty vs. Western Carolina I don't think we saw him at RB. I hope he finds happiness and success.

I wish the same for Faciane. Roll Tide to both and thanks for your contributions.

Last edited:

arkie323

Nov 26, 2013

I can see him going to central Arkansas. They are fcs, close to home, and he wouldn't have to sit a year.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I think Arkansas has a right to choose who they want and reject who they want. There are lots of Power Five schools he can transfer to. However, it does send bad PR to other recruits, I believe. By allowing Grant to go to Auburn it showed Coach Saban is not the "mean old man" others like to accuse him of being.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL

I may be wrong correct me please but as I recall Tenpenny had a serious knee injury his senior year in HS & because of that was not as highly recruited. CNS took a chance on him.

I wish him luck .

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010

Was thinking he had already transferred. Didn't we have RB to transfer to Tennessee that ran his mouth on way out the door?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Hate to say it, but it felt like Tenpenny was a goner from just about the moment he first stepped on campus. Hate it, but hopefully he can rebound somewhere else, because he certainly has the talent. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

I may be wrong correct me please but as I recall Tenpenny had a serious knee injury his senior year in HS & because of that was not as highly recruited. CNS took a chance on him.

I wish him luck .
I believe you are thinking about Faciane.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Two more points:

(1) On Faciane, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually just gave up football. I know he had some disciplinary issues of his own at times, but he also had some serious injuries, including a torn ACL coming out of high school, and was nearing the end anyway. He has already picked up his degree -- kudos to him on that, by the way -- and has a couple of national championship rings sitting in his trophy case. Considering he probably wasn't going to have a major role next season and that he has no real professional future, you couldn't blame him at all for calling it a career.

(2) Worth noting that Tenpenny actually saw the field in both seasons in Tuscaloosa, and never actually redshirted. He's only got two years of eligibility left now, and I figure that precludes him from transferring to a JUCO, because then he would only have at most one year left. I would expect that he will transfer closer to home and will go down a classification so he can gain immediate eligibility.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Worth noting that Tenpenny actually saw the field in both seasons in Tuscaloosa, and never actually redshirted. He's only got two years of eligibility left now, and I figure that precludes him from transferring to a JUCO, because then he would only have at most one year left. I would expect that he will transfer closer to home and will go down a classification so he can gain immediate eligibility.
Could he not transfer and take his redshirt for the year he's ineligible then have two to play?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.