Altee Tenpenny and Malcolm Faciane No Longer With 'Bama Football Team

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Re: Tenpenny and Faciane no longer with the team

Faciane is puzzling. Size, speed, was a multi-sport athlete in HS, playing time was there for the taking and even moreso this season.

We could use some more quality players at this position.

Puzzling.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I bet Tenpenny goes to Arkansas, redshirts for transfer year, takes Collins' role when he goes pro after next year.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

I bet Tenpenny goes to Arkansas, redshirts for transfer year, takes Collins' role when he goes pro after next year.
Evidently CBB has a rule that if you leave the state of Arkansas you can't come back to the Razorbacks.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Evidently CBB has a rule that if you leave the state of Arkansas you can't come back to the Razorbacks.
That is so childish that is sounds like the intro line into a joke.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

That is so childish that is sounds like the intro line into a joke.
That's the rule that one of the Hog Fans on here said he has earlier in this thread. What a piece of work he is.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com

If memory serves me correctly, Corey Grant started as a walk-on at Auburn because he wasn't released from his scholarship. The advantage to being "released" from your scholarship/LOI at the school you're leaving is the ability to immediately go on scholarship at the place you're transferring to.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

If memory serves me correctly, Corey Grant started as a walk-on at Auburn because he wasn't released from his scholarship. The advantage to being "released" from your scholarship/LOI at the school you're leaving is the ability to immediately go on scholarship at the place you're transferring to.
Nope, unless I'm mistaken you still have to sit a year (NCAA rule). Releasing the kid from scholarship allows them to transfer any school, including to an SEC team (which would otherwise require them to sit two years (SEC rule)).

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Wait.. you mean if they transfer to SEC School, they have to sit two Years?
Nope, unless I'm mistaken you still have to sit a year (NCAA rule). Releasing the kid from scholarship allows them to transfer any school, including to an SEC team (which would otherwise require them to sit two years (SEC rule)).

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

That's the rule that one of the Hog Fans on here said he has earlier in this thread. What a piece of work he is.
I know this is off topic, but who is your avatar? Is that Billy Ray or somebody from the Perkins' days?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

I know this is off topic, but who is your avatar? Is that Billy Ray or somebody from the Perkins' days?
That is a "photoshop" of Greg McElroy in a "throwback" uniform. I donned it in honor of the "White Helmet"!

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

That is a "photoshop" of Greg McElroy in a "throwback" uniform. I donned it in honor of the "White Helmet"!
I thought the body type looked more up to date, but the helmet through me off. I love the white helmets though.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com

Of course you have to sit out the year (unless the player has graduated). That is not in dispute. But doesn't the scholarship release allow a player go to immediately go on scholarship while sitting out the year?

From Al.com on the Corey Grant deal:
He redshirted at Alabama last season, and he'll start as a walk-on at Auburn. He'll sit out the 2011 season per NCAA transfer rules.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

I'm not getting a picture either but I'm guessing it's about Tenpenny getting kicked out of UNLV.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.