Eddie and Ha Ha Have Already Made an Impact in Today's Game

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Appreciate the support, but it's often best when the truth hurts to address it head-on (or helmet-to-helmet even risking a concussion to get over your depression). As a Packers fan for 50-plus years (and owner), you can either keep your painfully-acquired venom inside, or "express" it for catharsis. Right here's a pretty good example of somebody else saying it from an historical perspective on the fans' (and Packer owners') behalf.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Well, you said 'a real fan'. The guy owns franchise shares and has been fan for "50-plus years" - I'd say he qualifies as a 'real fan'.
Fun fact: the guy above violated NFL rules. As an "owner" of the Packers he's not allowed to badmouth NFL personnel.

There are far fewer Alabama season ticket holders than Packer "owners". A Bama season ticket holder doing similar is just as bad. Funny that people get suspended and bashed for being negative in game threads but a guy doing the same thing as a Packers "owner" is lauded.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
so a "real fan" can't vocalize their disappointment or can't criticize their team?
They certainly can, but I think "desecrating" team gear is over the (arbitrary) line. Though Bama fans complaining about Saban aren't violating NCAA rules. Packer "owners" that say negative things are breaking NFL bylaws.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Yup, if they would have run Eddie twice instead of Kuhn once I think they'd have been better off. NFL coaches like to play conservative so if it doesn't go their way they take blame. Playing the odds (more 4th down conversions, less kicks) is a more effective strategy but leaves coaches open to criticism.

On the last Seattle int I wonder why the GB player didn't try for a longer return.
Yeah, what was up with that? He went down like the game was over when he had a wide open field in front of him. It probably made no difference in the outcome, but who knows, he may have scored.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Funny that people get suspended and bashed for being negative in game threads but a guy doing the same thing as a Packers "owner" is lauded.
I assume you know this is a straw man argument, but I'll point it out to be safe. Comparing a game thread to an open forum discussion is ludicrous - we have very specific rules for game threads as they serve a specific purpose. If someone posted a similar image of Bama gear we'd not suspend or ban them for it.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I assume you know this is a straw man argument, but I'll point it out to be safe. Comparing a game thread to an open forum discussion is ludicrous - we have very specific rules for game threads as they serve a specific purpose. If someone posted a similar image of Bama gear we'd not suspend or ban them for it.
Would you castigate them for it or defend them?

I wish I had a time machine so I could go back to the day after the Sugar Bowl and post a picture of a Bama shirt with "Chokers" instead if "Tide" and see how people took it. My guess is most folks wouldn't be quick to say, "He's been a fan for a long time, he can bash all things Tide if he wants". I can't imagine anyone would disagree with me on that.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Would you castigate them for it or defend them?
Depends entirely on the situation. I'd certainly not make a silly claim that they weren't a 'real fan' just because they chose to express their disappointment in a manner differently than I would.

Now let's back to our regularly scheduled thread and drop the 'real fan' garbage.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Starting when he didn't take the personal foul against Clay Matthews that would've given Seattle a 1st and 45. Instead they hit a 3d and 19 and take it down the field - and who shows up? Why, it's the Great White Hoax Hawk, in, er pass coverage, no wait, run coverage, no wait, no man's land so the punter can throw the first touchdown pass for his position ever in an NFL playoff game. And then ol' Hoax just happened to be in on every Seattle scoring play, conspicuous by his ghostly presence. Hoax, Hoax, Hoax - what must done to rid the GB roster of your gamut of spectral gaffes?
And, he was out of position not filling his lane when Lynch walked into the endzone. Hawk is aweful and has been for several years. He's terrible in coverage, can't rush the passer and undisciplined against the run. Even earlier in his career when he was supposedly "good", he really wasn't all he was cracked up to be.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
And, he was out of position not filling his lane when Lynch walked into the endzone. Hawk is aweful and has been for several years. He's terrible in coverage, can't rush the passer and undisciplined against the run. Even earlier in his career when he was supposedly "good", he really wasn't all he was cracked up to be.
Catfish, can only hope you ain't a Packer owner, too, ' 'cause then we'd both stand to be stripped of our ownership shares for impugning the good name of the worst NFL personnel (AJ Hoax) in my memory. My memory, which is like a Red Elephant's, in case Coach Jeff's watching to see if I say anything positive and not derogatory about the other team I root for and wholeheartedly support.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Depends entirely on the situation. I'd certainly not make a silly claim that they weren't a 'real fan' just because they chose to express their disappointment in a manner differently than I would.

Now let's back to our regularly scheduled thread and drop the 'real fan' garbage.
A little off topic, but it is the off season...about the game threads...I appreciate the moderating that goes on...it can be off-putting to see people act up when the team is struggling. But it happens in nearly every game we don't run away with.

Maybe we should try to have two game threads...one for people who try to stay positive, and another for the "real fans" who tend to get so negative. I was stunned reading the LSU game thread when one "real fan" got so discouraged over the close game he vowed to give up and quit watching. He missed a mighty good finish.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
WOW! This thread took a hard left in the wrong direction.

Anyway, I'm a little disappointed that Eddie and Ha-Ha didn't make it. I was really hoping they would get the opprtunity but either way a previous Bama player will collect a ring this year. Kinda pulling for Hightower now.

RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.