WR K.J. Hill Decommits From Arkansas Following Official Visit to Alabama

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Re: K.J. Hill Decommits

Another wide out name popped up today apparently Ryan Davis out of Florida has set up an official with us. Things getting crazy as usual.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Another wide out name popped up today apparently Ryan Davis out of Florida has set up an official with us. Things getting crazy as usual.
I finally had a little time to watch some footage of Davis. He actually plays QB but I guess we are looking at him as a WR. This guy is a speed burner and would fit in nicely as a return guy.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
If I were ranking the WR targets (and I am only an armchair expert I guess) Charlot would be #1, Hill #2, Cager #3. No knock on Hill, as I would love to add him. He is definitely more of a possession guy, who could grow into one of those go-to 3rd down targets. He doesn't have great speed (4.59 40) and isn't SUPER explosive, but he is VERY reliable (think a SLIGHTLY smaller Kevin Norwood).

The three are very different receivers honestly.

Charlot is SUPER explosive, and could turn any catch into a TD. He has PHENOMENAL ball skills, but lacks the height you usually want (he is 6'0).

Cager is big, physical, and hard to cover (the kid is 6'5 200 out of HS). He can go get the ball (34" vertical) but seems to do like OJ Howard, and doesn't high-point the ball. He, honestly, could grow in to a TE if he keeps adding bulk. His speed and separation skills are average at best, but as the always say...you can't teach size.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: K.J. Hill Decommits

FWIW, Hill's stepfather has had a fairly public Internet spat with Arkansas fans over the decommitment, and he is telling people that he believes Hill favors Alabama.

Again, take it FWIW...

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
If I were ranking the WR targets (and I am only an armchair expert I guess) Charlot would be #1, Hill #2, Cager #3. No knock on Hill, as I would love to add him. He is definitely more of a possession guy, who could grow into one of those go-to 3rd down targets. He doesn't have great speed (4.59 40) and isn't SUPER explosive, but he is VERY reliable (think a SLIGHTLY smaller Kevin Norwood).

The three are very different receivers honestly.

Charlot is SUPER explosive, and could turn any catch into a TD. He has PHENOMENAL ball skills, but lacks the height you usually want (he is 6'0).

Cager is big, physical, and hard to cover (the kid is 6'5 200 out of HS). He can go get the ball (34" vertical) but seems to do like OJ Howard, and doesn't high-point the ball. He, honestly, could grow in to a TE if he keeps adding bulk. His speed and separation skills are average at best, but as the always say...you can't teach size.
Cager is also a 6-10 High Jumper......for you that dont know ....that is getting up there in High School!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
KJ visited Ohio State this weekend. Rodney Orr gave an update on a free page on TiderInsider:

--He had a great visit to Ohio State.

--Basically down to Alabama and Ohio State.

--Saban visiting his home this week on Wednesday.

--I won't be surprised if his decision is a made one day this week. Not sure if he will announce it this week or not.

--I still feel Alabama's chances are good. But Ohio State has made a strong case. It's tight according to someone close to it.

--If Custis and McGraw flip as has been speculated, and Alabama gets Charlot and Hill as thought, Alabama still has some wiggle room to add another player or two if the right ones.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Looks like old Urban Liar is back to his old tricks of Following up offers and pushing for players when Coach Saban makes a push for a player....

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Anybody think just maybe it gets just a tad personal twixt CUM and CNS ??? Prince? Hill? You think?
interesting indeed. last year's cycle, Bama didn't push hard for Vonn Bell ( GA native) he then commits to Ohio St.
Bama wanted RaeKwon McMillan ( GA native) , but he committed to Ohio St.
Ohio St wanted Kief (Ohio native) he commits to Bama.

This cycle, Prince ( Maryland native) commits to Bama, but may have second thoughts. Ohio St could be his final destination.
KJ Hill ( Arkansas native) is down to Bama and Ohio st.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
interesting indeed. last year's cycle, Bama didn't push hard for Vonn Bell ( GA native) he then commits to Ohio St.
Bama wanted RaeKwon McMillan ( GA native) , but he committed to Ohio St.
Ohio St wanted Kief (Ohio native) he commits to Bama.

This cycle, Prince ( Maryland native) commits to Bama, but may have second thoughts. Ohio St could be his final destination.
KJ Hill ( Arkansas native) is down to Bama and Ohio st.
It is interesting SJC. Looks like we have a new recruiting rival other than the usual suspects.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.