"American Sniper"

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I will add only this: former SEALs would probably do well to keep more of their exploits under their hat. Lately there has been a considerable amount of public self-congratulation (understandably given the achievements), but too much publicity is bad for the current operators.
The Special Operations community used to be referred to as "Quiet Professionals." A little more "quiet" might not be amiss.
In fact, things stayed pretty quiet until the VP spilled the beans. Until then, the very existence of the team was very highly classified. Poorly kept secret - sure, but still a secret nonetheless. Outed, of course some may feel like they have a green light. At the very least, incentive was provided to claim the glory ("Yeah, that team that the veep was referring to? I'm on it.") Are they right to feel that way? Absolutely not - just because a senior exec acts a fool, that's not tacit approval to follow suit. But dang, Joe - what did you think was going to happen?! As go our leaders, so go their subordinates.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Seth Rogen has compared the movie to Nazi propaganda. Talk about an ungrateful piece of crap. People supported his crappy stoner movie when it got banned and he does this? Rogen has actually managed to make me hate a person more than Michael Moore.
I wouldn't call it a stoner movie but it is crappy.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
That is scary, but I'd gladly take it over 2 more years of O'Bummer. Biden's screw ups would just be because he's such a natural bungler, not by design like O'Bummer.
Hey Tommy, PM me your postal address. Got some mailing lists I want to put you on.:smile:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
That is scary, but I'd gladly take it over 2 more years of O'Bummer. Biden's screw ups would just be because he's such a natural bungler, not by design like O'Bummer.
Biden is a buffoon. But a happy buffoon.

It'd be like Carter but without the sad face all the time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.