Mark Ingram makes 2015 Pro Bowl

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
He has already made more than most of us will make in our lives. He is still due $3MM guaranteed for next season. He will be fine, unless he has been foolish, and I am not inclined to sympathize with folks who blow that kind of money.

At any rate, he could move back to the South and open a business and be guaranteed some level of success, right?
Most likely, he could probably start up a gym and have it be fairly popular. Also, considering most professional athletes go broke after a few years I'm inclined to believe he will too. He could always go to the CFL or arena league

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I hope Trent figures it out. I doubt he got his degree, and he has his girls to take care of. He probably has one more real shot in the NFL. It might not hurt to take a trip to Tuscaloosa and talk with Saban and our RB coach. Who knows they might get him back on the right track.
To be fair, if he's been halfway smart with his money, he never has to play another down...

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
He will have made $6 million with his rookie contract. Let's say he's got $3 million after expenses. A 2% return on investment would give him $60,000 for the rest of his life without event touching the principle. He ought to be set for life, but statically he'll be broke Ina few years. Hopefully he bucks the trend.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He will have made $6 million with his rookie contract. Let's say he's got $3 million after expenses. A 2% return on investment would give him $60,000 for the rest of his life without event touching the principle. He ought to be set for life, but statically he'll be broke Ina few years. Hopefully he bucks the trend.
Trent received over $13million (guaranteed) as his signing bonus. He's earned over $20million so far - if he ends up needing money, he's stupid.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I hope Trent figures it out. I doubt he got his degree, and he has his girls to take care of. He probably has one more real shot in the NFL. It might not hurt to take a trip to Tuscaloosa and talk with Saban and our RB coach. Who knows they might get him back on the right track.
If I was Trent, I'd be focused on being a good running back instead of a great one. He's felt a tremendous amount of pressure since joining the Colts and needs to take a deep breath and say, "okay, my first run in the NFL was a failure, now let's try this thing again." He needs to change his approach again and again as long as it takes to get him feeling it again.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Trent received over $13million (guaranteed) as his signing bonus. He's earned over $20million so far - if he ends up needing money, he's stupid.
I love Trent but he's never struck me as the smartest guy. A lot these guys (athletes) simply seem incapable of thinking about the future. They are blinded by the present moment and don't possess the ability to plan or project in the long-term (as most haven't been taught). I doubt most guys who get drafted are concerned about their future. In their minds, they've just hit it big.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
You ever see the ESPN 30 for 30 about broke athletes? He wouldn't be the first to blow through that much money.

Let's say after taxes he has $6 million left from his signing bonus. What kind of house did he buy? How fancy is his car? What did he buy for his girlfriend or his mother and any of his homies and other assorted freeloaders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
You ever see the ESPN 30 for 30 about broke athletes? He wouldn't be the first to blow through that much money.

Let's say after taxes he has $6 million left from his signing bonus. What kind of house did he buy? How fancy is his car? What did he buy for his girlfriend or his mother and any of his homies and other assorted freeloaders?
Oh, I get it, I'm just saying - if he needs money, he's stupid. There are lots (I mean LOTS) of stupid athletes...

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA
I'd love to see the Falcons sign Mark, sign Mount Cody (who was just let go by the Ravens), offer Indy a 5th round pick for Trent, and draft Landon Collins in the 1st and either Arie or Shephard in the 6th or 7th. RBs Stephen Jackson and Jaquiz Rogers are not even on the same level as Trent and Mark and have a few more years in them. The Falcons OL lost several starters due to injury last year. Arie and Shephard could fill in as back ups if necessary.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'd love to see the Falcons sign Mark, sign Mount Cody (who was just let go by the Ravens), offer Indy a 5th round pick for Trent, and draft Landon Collins in the 1st and either Arie or Shephard in the 6th or 7th. RBs Stephen Jackson and Jaquiz Rogers are not even on the same level as Trent and Mark and have a few more years in them. The Falcons OL lost several starters due to injury last year. Arie and Shephard could fill in as back ups if necessary.
Mark told reporters yesterday the Saints want him back.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Oh, I get it, I'm just saying - if he needs money, he's stupid. There are lots (I mean LOTS) of stupid athletes...
It is amazing how stupid some of these kids can be with their money... The firm I work for has several former SEC Players that were 1st round picks as clients that are broke as broke can be... One had half of Gadsden on his 'payroll'. Lucky for him his agent took control, fired his posse and now pays the bills.

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
As for Mark, he led the Pro Bowl in rushing tonight with 72 yards on 11 carries. I know they don't exactly play a ton of defense in pro "all-star" games, but I thought Mark looked explosive like the pre-turf toe Mark.

Here's hoping that a quality team makes the wise decision to invest in a quality back and a quality man.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
We know who that is. ;)
It's no secret :) I'm glad he took care of the issue and is now focused on football. I just wish more players had agents/advisors who look out for the kids best interests. Unfortunately in many cases the kid feels like he owes everyone who helped him get to the league. It is hard for us to convince them otherwise. In some ways I wish the signing bonuses were put in a deferred account of some type and paid out over 20 or 30 years.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Falcons seems likely since its closer to T-town and He can play with Juilo Jones... I'm hoping for perfect situation...

Falcons trades up to get Cooper, signs Ingram to multi-year deal... and the offense could be very dangerous!
I am a falcons fan. I would love to see him in ATL, but before that I hope that we can sign some offensive lineman. I love Mike Johnson, but he cant stay healthy. The offense is already dangerous enough skill wise. Adding Ingram would hopefully give us some sort of running game as Steven Jackson is past his prime. Also hearing if Gurley is still available ATL will draft him in the 2nd round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I am a falcons fan. I would love to see him in ATL, but before that I hope that we can sign some offensive lineman. I love Mike Johnson, but he cant stay healthy. The offense is already dangerous enough skill wise. Adding Ingram would hopefully give us some sort of running game as Steven Jackson is past his prime. Also hearing if Gurley is still available ATL will draft him in the 2nd round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gurley would go over really well with the local fans for sure. Not to mention he can ball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.