News Article: WR Ryan Davis Signs With Auburn

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Re: WR Ryan Davis

Forty times are poor representations of speed to begin with. Add to that that, very often, reported times are outdated (very often from junior or even sophomore year for recruits) and/or were recorded improperly and you'll realize that forty times should just be ignored.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

The most important time is being one step ahead of the guy chasing you!

Which reminds me of the story of the two guys in the woods being chased by a bear...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

We are hoping to get Davis in for an official visit this weekend. Given that he's such a latecomer, it's hard to say exactly how he fits in with the numbers crunch, but obviously the coaching staff is serious about potentially adding him to this class to be doing all of this work on him this late in the game.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Hmmm... The last two-three spots are very confusing... it seems whoever commits this weekend will most likely get the final spot and the other holding out to NSD may end up lose. I wish players wouldn't wait til NSD to decide... It can put them in binding spot at times.

We are hoping to get Davis in for an official visit this weekend. Given that he's such a latecomer, it's hard to say exactly how he fits in with the numbers crunch, but obviously the coaching staff is serious about potentially adding him to this class to be doing all of this work on him this late in the game.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Well obviously the coaching staff is more qualified to evaluate these guys then I am, so I will err to them on this one.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Hmmm... The last two-three spots are very confusing... it seems whoever commits this weekend will most likely get the final spot and the other holding out to NSD may end up lose. I wish players wouldn't wait til NSD to decide... It can put them in binding spot at times.
Waiting for NSD is an incredible thing for prospects to fuel their egos, but is generally an awful decision for their futures.

Only the can't-miss, five-star, everybody-wants recruits can safely do it, and even for them it's a bad idea. Simple plan, really: Do your due diligence, pick a school, and start getting prepared. The rest is just added fluff that serves no meaningful purpose.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

What has happened with this kid? I had heard that Kiffin was very high on this kid but recently have not heard anything about him.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Davis signed with Auburn earlier today.

Nice ending for him, really. Given his lack of size, he'll never be a mainstay option getting a ton of touches, but I figure Malzahn can get a lot of mileage out of him in their spread. They will use him as a lot of different roles (quick screens, jet sweeps, end arounds, etc.).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.