News Article: WR Ryan Davis Signs With Auburn

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Re: WR Ryan Davis

I posted about him in the Hill thread,he is scheduled to visit this coming weekend and Kiffen is very high on him.He looks like he could step in and help with our return game immediately with his quickness.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

It tells me that he could get playing time with Bama.... but It's real interesting... The thing is, I"mnot sure if he can handle SEC life with his body size.
I posted about him in the Hill thread,he is scheduled to visit this coming weekend and Kiffen is very high on him.He looks like he could step in and help with our return game immediately with his quickness.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

He's 5'10 (with cleats), and runs a 4.75 40, plays QB in HS, and yet projects to play either WR or DB (yes, he is projected to have ability to play DB) at the college level.

I think this falls in to the trap that a few other of the "athletes" we have recruited get us in to, and I would prefer someone who had a true "position". Just my 2 cents.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I agree on this one. I'm thinking maybe he can be a small speedy Receiver who can be elusive.... and may have a maze duty, returning the kicks. He can make his career off that.
He's 5'10 (with cleats), and runs a 4.75 40, plays QB in HS, and yet projects to play either WR or DB (yes, he is projected to have ability to play DB) at the college level.

I think this falls in to the trap that a few other of the "athletes" we have recruited get us in to, and I would prefer someone who had a true "position". Just my 2 cents.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

A wr with 4.75 "speed"? :eek2:

Isn't that a bit on the slow side? :cool:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Something sure seems off the beam here. "Blazing speed " and "elusive" comments and not so great measurable (?).
His "elusiveness" is off the charts. He is very hard to get hands on in the open field, but doesn't have very good top end speed. As a WR he would have to learn and be a guy who ran GREAT routes to get separation, because he doesn't have the speed to leave most db's behind.

There is also the off chance his 40 numbers could be off due to technique, and he is faster than he has been clocked.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

He reminds me of Drake. I'm pretty sure he can contribute almost right away this year if signed, but I would think he needs redshirt year to learn proper route, blocking and learning to do small things. Based on the filim, he didnt do much but just pretty much ran and made team look bad. I wish there was more tapes of him playing receiver spot, so we can see how good he is.. DB too. he may be a tweener, meaning coach would probably move him around a lot the first two years... kinda like Blake Sims.
His "elusiveness" is off the charts. He is very hard to get hands on in the open field, but doesn't have very good top end speed. As a WR he would have to learn and be a guy who ran GREAT routes to get separation, because he doesn't have the speed to leave most db's behind.

There is also the off chance his 40 numbers could be off due to technique, and he is faster than he has been clocked.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

He reminds me of Drake. I'm pretty sure he can contribute almost right away this year if signed, but I would think he needs redshirt year to learn proper route, blocking and learning to do small things. Based on the filim, he didnt do much but just pretty much ran and made team look bad. I wish there was more tapes of him playing receiver spot, so we can see how good he is.. DB too. he may be a tweener, meaning coach would probably move him around a lot the first two years... kinda like Blake Sims.
Well, final thought for me on this. If Coach thinks he`s good enough for a spot, hope he signs with us.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

he's faster than a 4.75, and we are covering all of our bases for an elite playmaker this late...
If he's a dynamic receiver/return guy we really need that. It's been one of the glaring weaknesses of our special teams unit that last couple of years.

Christian Jones was steady most of the time, but far from dynamic!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Cherry picked this from the BOL Board... but look at the number.... and compare to Ryan Davis... I realize that it's not actual number.. but it'll give you an idea...
Damien Harris, RB, Berea, Ky. (Alabama) — 4.40
Kendall Sheffield, DB, Missouri City, Texas (Alabama) — 4.40
Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Jersey City, N.J. (Alabama) — 4.45
Calvin Ridley, WR, Pompano Beach, Fla. (Alabama) — 4.51

He's gotta be.

aubie and oregon are finalists, and they are not known for their plodding play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.