CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
You know people act like Cheese was in charge at API. He was not, Pat Dye still rules the program. I got no issue with Cheese except he can tear the heck out of a stick of gum.

the issues he faced at API will be there for Gus before long.

you know Bama went thru a period of time where the head coach didn't run things, thank goodness that's over now.

Coaches with good records get fired at API because they don't go along, there are numerous examples.

I wish Cheese all the luck he showed class on the SEC Network.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You know people act like Cheese was in charge at API. He was not, Pat Dye still rules the program. I got no issue with Cheese except he can tear the heck out of a stick of gum.

the issues he faced at API will be there for Gus before long.

you know Bama went thru a period of time where the head coach didn't run things, thank goodness that's over now.

Coaches with good records get fired at API because they don't go along, there are numerous examples.

I wish Cheese all the luck he showed class on the SEC Network.
yeah, the times i've seen him as an analyst/commentator he seems like a decent enough guy.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I'll admit that Chizik is probably a lot better coach than what he ultimately showed at Auburn -- he realized he was in over his head and let the inmates run the asylum, which is honestly relatively common for coaches in that position, quite frankly -- but this one is still a bit of a headscratcher to me. Auburn flameout aside, he really hasn't put a consistently good defense on the field since he left Austin almost a decade ago.

Maybe he gets it back together, and in fairness the UNC defense can't get any worse, but kind of a strange move to me. The fact that UNC is going to shell out roughly 700k per year for him as well is also pretty strange in my book. Guess Fedora realizes that he had to hit a home run with this DC hire to really have a chance of sticking in Chapel Hill, so he decided to go all-in on this one from a monetary perspective.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Based on his time here @ USM, Fedora's not really that worried about defense. My raging apathy has prevented me from keeping up with UNC's football program, so perhaps he's had a change of heart & decided that fielding a D is a good game plan?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Pretty decent hire for UNC, although Fedora's job is pretty shaky at the time being, so I would advise Chizik to rent in Chapel Hill.
Fedora is a complete and total egotistical idiot.
He left USM in total shambles and will do the same at UNC.
Amazingly, about three weeks ago, I talked at length with my friend Dick Dickson Sr.
His son's,Richard, Jr. and younger brother Andrew Dickson, both from Ocean Springs, have been the starting tight end at LSU for the last seven years.
So "Dickey" knows the program. He told me that Miles offered the job to Chizik and it was pretty much a "done deal". He also seemed very pleased with the decision.
What happened I don't know, but it was only a few days later that UNC made the announcement.
So I know the job was offered to Chizik. Why in the world wouldn't he take it?
sip

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
Amazingly, about three weeks ago, I talked at length with my friend Dick Dickson Sr.
His son's,Richard, Jr. and younger brother Andrew Dickson, both from Ocean Springs, have been the starting tight end at LSU for the last seven years.
So "Dickey" knows the program. He told me that Miles offered the job to Chizik and it was pretty much a "done deal". He also seemed very pleased with the decision.
What happened I don't know, but it was only a few days later that UNC made the announcement.
sip
Because he would be back in the SEC and facing both Alabama and Muschamp every year sip. The NC gig is a whole lot less pressure. He'll have time to enjoy the money rather than spending it on sleeping pills caused by dreams of Kiffin and Gus.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Because he would be back in the SEC and facing both Alabama and Muschamp every year sip. The NC gig is a whole lot less pressure. He'll have time to enjoy the money rather than spending it on sleeping pills caused by dreams of Kiffin and Gus.
Well, that's only thing I can figure as well. Disappoints me a bit. I'd like to see more ambition out of the Chiz, or any coach, for that matter.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
sip
Maybe the barn per$uaded him not to take a job with a west conference rival.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.