Welcome to the Off Season: Ryan Anderson Arrested for Domestic Violence

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
*sigh*

I'll await more info before passing judgment, but getting arrested is never a 'minor thing', imo.
It's like my wife's OBGYN told me when I was trying to ease my wife's concern about a procedure she had to have several years back. "It's only minor surgery when it's not you that's being operated on. When it's you it's not minor."

"I'll go sit in the waiting rooming now Doc. Call me if you need me."

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I guess tearing up your friend's property to vent some anger is better than going after the friend. If his victim was a girl, I imagine she is considerably smaller than he is. If she got to watch the venting it must have been scary for her.

I don't think his playing time will suffer, if he needs rehabbing there's plenty of time to do it before next fall.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
*sigh*

I'll await more info before passing judgment, but getting arrested is never a 'minor thing', imo.
Agree. I see DV3 charges all the time and most are not that serious. I never assume it is against a female, because you can be charged with DV3 if you are a guy and have a fight with your brother or father. So, it isn't ALWAYS with a female.

Here is what the Code says about Menacing:

Menacing.

(a) A person commits the crime of menacing if, by physical action, he intentionally places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious physical injury.

This leads me to believe he and someone he is related to or has a dating relationship with had a verbal altercation and he THREATENED that person with bodily harm. Or, he did something to frightened someone by breaking something in the home. If he HAD assaulted the person, he would be charged with the Assault 3rd or Harassment component of the law.

Last edited:

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Agree. I see DV3 charges all the time and most are not that serious. I never assume it is against a female, because you can be charged with DV3 if you are a guy and have a fight with your brother or father. So, it isn't ALWAYS with a female.

Here is what the Code says about Menacing:

Menacing.

(a) A person commits the crime of menacing if, by physical action, he intentionally places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious physical injury.

This leads me to believe he and someone he is related to or has a dating relationship with had a verbal altercation and he THREATENED that person with bodily harm. If he HAD assaulted the person, he would be charged with the Assault 3rd or Harassment component.
Seems we had someone at our ball park get one of these and got his mugshot in some local paper that posted them. His bad reputation took a further shot. After folks got to talking, turns out he got into a very loud verbal altercation with his wife and slammed a door. She called the law.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
People everywhere are quick to cast a stone especially when they don't know what happened. Could have slammed a door or kicked something and someone could of just heard a bang and called the police. Some people just try to get others in trouble. Wait till we know someone did something wrong before throwing them under the bus especially when everyone gets mad and bangs or slams something at some point. People on this site now just jump to extreme conclusions on every subject unlike 5 years ago.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
People everywhere are quick to cast a stone especially when they don't know what happened. Could have slammed a door or kicked something and someone could of just heard a bang and called the police. Some people just try to get others in trouble. Wait till we know someone did something wrong before throwing them under the bus especially when everyone gets mad and bangs or slams something at some point. People on this site now just jump to extreme conclusions on every subject unlike 5 years ago.
We weren't like this five years ago? I think we've been real consistent with our freakin outs. We're pretty consistent with it.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
We weren't like this five years ago?
No, it seems like people have become much more judgmental now and much less humble. And I'm not saying of he did something wrong to take it lightly because if he did then yes by all means punishment is needed but I guess I also see things differently after coaching at the high school and D1 level.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Where has anyone thrown him under the bus or jumped to "extreme conclusions"?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Seems we had someone at our ball park get one of these and got his mugshot in some local paper that posted them. His bad reputation took a further shot. After folks got to talking, turns out he got into a very loud verbal altercation with his wife and slammed a door. She called the law.
This kind of stuff irritates the crap out of me, honestly. I have a very interesting position on DV but I will refrain from posting it publically. Just suffice it to say, if I go a little crazy and start yelling loud, throwing stuff or throwing punches and my husband,sister or child grabs me by the arms to control me, maybe shakes me a little, I'm not charging them with DV. ;) I'm going to apologize and go to my room. haha

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Where has anyone thrown him under the bus or jumped to "extreme conclusions"?
I'll admit this was probably not the best one to post under about jumping to conclusions. But it happens to most threads especially to players not on the team. But you are right about this thread and I got defensive fast.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
This kind of stuff irritates the crap out of me, honestly. I have a very interesting position on DV but I will refrain from posting it publically. Just suffice it to say, if I go a little crazy and start yelling loud, throwing stuff or throwing punches and my husband,sister or child grabs me by the arms to control me, maybe shakes me a little, I'm not charging them with DV. ;) I'm going to apologize and go to my room. haha
I had a girlfriend once who wanted to air her grievances while standing in front of the TV with Bama playing.
The police did end up paying a visit that day, due to the yelling.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
you weren't by any chance the lady in that video from the sugar bowl vs oklahoma last year? ;)

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
you weren't by any chance the lady in that video from the sugar bowl vs oklahoma last year? ;)
LOL, no I watched at home. And, for the record--I don't act like that example I gave. Probably one of the most laid back people ever--unless you mess with one of my children, then it is ON.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.