Welcome to the Off Season: Ryan Anderson Arrested for Domestic Violence

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
SMH. This is why I rarely visit sports sites/forums during the off season. Too Much drama. Wake me up when the spring game gets here.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Here's the law: Domestic Violence, Third Degree.

Doesn't sound like physical violence but maybe menacing?
Maybe he threw her stuff out or threw her cell phone in a lake. Still, waiting to see what really happened before I put my judgment hat on.

Never Mind. Just read your post, Con.

Very immature and certainly enough to be put in the doghouse but nothing should come of this, provided they both grow up a bit.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Before we go any further, I would like to point out that everyone should look up the charge and understand what it is. I don't think it's really fair to mention J. Taylor in this case, because both are very different situation. Just because we see the word, " Domestic Violence" doesn't mean it actually is what we think it is. The charge listed on the site sounds like he damaged a property that belonged to someone he was seeing. I could be wrong on this, but I need Earle to clear this up.
As a woman, I have strong views regarding any form of domestic violence. However, based on the charge, this could mean an intense argument, damage to property of another, or hands on another individual such as pushing, etc. From outward appearance it does not appear to be a "Ray Rice" type assault. These guys just never learn to walk away and cool off. Hope he survives Saban's wrath.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
There's a link that was posted by RTR few posts ago, and this is from the article:
TPD officers were called to the residence in the 1300 block of 17th Avenue East at 11:28 p.m., according to the release. They noted damage to both vehicles and found probable cause to charge Anderson and Sierra Patterson, both 20, with third-degree domestic violence/criminal mischief. The domestic violence charge indicates that the two are, or were, involved in a dating relationship.
Neither of the two exhibited signs of physical injury, Blankley said.
As a woman, I have strong views regarding any form of domestic violence. However, based on the charge, this could mean an intense argument, damage to property of another, or hands on another individual such as pushing, etc. From outward appearance it does not appear to be a "Ray Rice" type assault. These guys just never learn to walk away and cool off. Hope he survives Saban's wrath.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
She was arrested too? This case is going no where.

Every arrest is serious, but this is just an argument that resulted in property damage. Not the end of the world, but certainly will put him in the dog house.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
You never know what reaction somebody is going to have to this.

"Don't you ignore me!!!!" *smashes car* "You ain't no man"

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Sounds like Ryan got a raw deal. His car got keyed and "hailed" on while he just got a good kick. Definitely didn't get his money's worth out of it like his girlfriend.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
That sounds like cops taking everyone downtown to simmer down/cool off for a little while before someone says or does something that makes it a lot more serious. Perhaps Ryan and Sierra should date other people for a while. You may not even have community service for a silly little fracas like this. Still, when you are a Crimson Tide football player it's life in the fish bowl.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
My wife is a councilor for Domestic Violence victims and THAT is not to be taken lightly, I can assure you. There are pitiful situations. However, there are so many things categorized as violence that it loses is meaning for me. Verbal abuse, mental abuse, mental cruelty & etc are all called violent. I don't agree with that, but that is how it is. So, like crying wolf, when violence actually occurs it gets belittled, I think.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
My wife is a councilor for Domestic Violence victims and THAT is not to be taken lightly, I can assure you. There are pitiful situations. However, there are so many things categorized as violence that it loses is meaning for me. Verbal abuse, mental abuse, mental cruelty & etc are all called violent. I don't agree with that, but that is how it is. So, like crying wolf, when violence actually occurs it gets belittled, I think.
Exactly. Why didn't they just charge them both with property damage?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.