Welcome to the Off Season: Ryan Anderson Arrested for Domestic Violence

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm wary to say "no big deal" because violence/harassment against women is a big deal in the abstract. I don't think Anderson is going to get a huge amount of blowback from his bad decisions but I think there are some important lessons here for everyone on the team.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Remember last year how Drake was arrested and come to it, he didn't get suspended or anything like that. I think we'll hear the whole story... soon.. Just hope this is first and last one for the spring and summer.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Before we go any further, I would like to point out that everyone should look up the charge and understand what it is. I don't think it's really fair to mention J. Taylor in this case, because both are very different situation. Just because we see the word, " Domestic Violence" doesn't mean it actually is what we think it is. The charge listed on the site sounds like he damaged a property that belonged to someone he was seeing. I could be wrong on this, but I need Earle to clear this up.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Remember last year how Drake was arrested and come to it, he didn't get suspended or anything like that. I think we'll hear the whole story... soon.. Just hope this is first and last one for the spring and summer.
As RGW says, domestic violence is a far different animal these days.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Before we go any further, I would like to point out that everyone should look up the charge and understand what it is. I don't think it's really fair to mention J. Taylor in this case, because both are very different situation. Just because we see the word, " Domestic Violence" doesn't mean it actually is what we think it is. The charge listed on the site sounds like he damaged a property that belonged to someone he was seeing.
Do you think the media and opposing fans will care the difference? Nope. "Domestic violence" is all that matters to them.

I could be wrong on this, but I need Earle to clear this up.
Earle has mentioned it a few times. He's a tax attorney. Criminal law isn't his area of expertise.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I keep forgetting that. Its sad though, all we see the word is "DV" and we jump on them.
Do you think the media and opposing fans will care the difference? Nope. "Domestic violence" is all that matters to them.

Earle has mentioned it a few times. He's a tax attorney. Criminal law isn't his area of expertise.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Re: Alabama LB Ryan Anderson arrested on domestic violence charges

How can people be so stupid. The guy played very well this year, and would probably get all the playing time he wanted next year....

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

The al.com article linked in previous post states, "The criminal mischief portion of the domestic violence law involves property damage."

I think you and JustNeedMe81 nailed it and I agree that many people see "domestic violence" and assume he hit on a woman.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.